Author Topic: Set complete category on sale  (Read 5417 times)

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
Set complete category on sale
« on: May 11, 2015, 09:19:13 AM »
Greetings,

I would like to set a category on sale for 20% - how do I set it once and include all items. 

Using AC: 1.1.9

Thank you
Ron
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!

Offline Gordon Taylor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Natural Handcrafted Soaps
Re: Set complete category on sale
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 09:31:08 PM »
Hey Ron, it's so good to see you again! Feeling better my friend?

Sorry, don't think there is a way to do the entire category - at least not that I'm aware of. I'll let the big boys give you a definitive answer!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 09:53:20 PM »
Hey GT,  Ron and I figured out the how -  and you can do a category.  The issue is for some reason you can't be successful if you click on the global check box to select all the products (as one would hope) It fails to "apply" the selections to the coupon.

The resolve is to click each one individually and then it works.  Again this is 1.1.9 

Unfortunately,  in 1.2.0 and 1.2.1  one only can choose a product by starting with the BEGINNING of a product name -  there isn't any way to select a category.   It would be nice to get more functionality back with the coupon codes.   Seems we've regressed in this,  hopefully they will improve it for future versions.

Lee

Offline Gordon Taylor

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Natural Handcrafted Soaps
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 09:57:55 PM »
Now that is really weird, global check box won't work, but individual ones do. Too weird indeed.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 10:05:04 PM by Gordon Taylor »

Offline buddahboy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 10:45:46 AM »
Lee is right - that one left us scratching our heads!  Luckily I was convinced to abandon my insistence that there was another way than using the global checkmark system.  Had 76 items in a category, clicked about 10 of the and "added" them.  Then saved.  After saving went to "add" then to the category (the first ones added are still highlighted so no mixup) and at that point LEAVE the ones check off as they are and add as many more checked off products and then "add" - at this point I did see all the 76 items listed as eligible to be discounted by using a Coupon Code. 

Thanks for the helping hand Lee! 
AbanteCart is one hell of a shopping cart.  Donate once in a while and keep the development plus support going.  --  That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!