Author Topic: Edit the contact page  (Read 9198 times)

Offline AlexGraphicD

• View Profile
Edit the contact page
« on: May 23, 2015, 07:31:36 AM »
Hi. I'd like to ask how can I edit the contact page so I can add a google map?
Thanks.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Edit the contact page
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 08:28:32 AM »
Hi,  I answered you on the other post first.  And thanks for make a post in a separate topic - makes the search more relevant for others.  But please post your question only once.

If you are asking about making a content page with a google map that you could out a link to and also it shows in the footer area  you can easily add pages   in Design > Content   there is an editor box an you can add an Google map there easily.

Here's the docs with more details:

http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/admin-user-manual/design/content-manager

Offline AlexGraphicD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 02:32:06 PM »
Thanks for your help. Can I edit the existing contact page that's already on the demo in the footer link instead of creating a new one?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 05:21:57 PM »
the contact info in the footer where the phone numbers are  is actually a block and yes you can edit
But might not be a good place for a map unless it is very small.

go to design > layouts 

find the block at the bottom of the layout page - called Contact Us,  one of the little icons at the bottom of that block is for editing.

the Contact in the footer line,  is a form for them to submit a inquiry -  not the best place for a map.

Offline AlexGraphicD

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 06:16:48 AM »
Oh now I got it. I'll probably have to create a new contact page then with a full width map. Thanks again.  :)

Offline AlexGraphicD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2015, 11:49:25 AM »
I'm really having a bit of a problem with creating new pages. Actually I can't seem to find a way putting them in the main menu. Instead they appear in the footer links and sidebar.
I mean I get how to create a page in Design > Content but I don't know how to put a link of that page in the main menu next to the "HOME" button and "CATEGORIES".
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 01:47:15 PM by AlexGraphicD »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 02:02:01 PM »
Most of us just add a new category called whatever   -   Resources,   FAQs

and then you can add info to the Category page  just like a content page.

Depending on what content you want -  you could also add a banner block in that area,  or use those Main Page Banner Blocks to highlight the Content page  and add a link there.

But if you want to add it to the Categories bar  (the menu bar is actually the one at the very top of the page, in the header area)  you will need to make css adjustments  and that's a bit of a hassle and you probably will need to re-do it when there are version upgrades,  so I suggest to stay away from code changes as much as possible.