Author Topic: Be careful upgrading!  (Read 4383 times)

Offline Rob1n

• View Profile
Be careful upgrading!
« on: July 10, 2015, 03:11:44 AM »
Hi,

I really like Abantecart, it's very good generally, but I did have an unpleasant experience trying to upgrade recently. I tried to upgrade from version 1.1.9 to 1.2 and I got the critical error processing message. No idea why but I did eventually work out how to restore the site. I downloaded the backup from /admin/system/backup and reuploaded via ftp, then opened phpadmin in cpanel and imported the sql file that was in the backup. I was very relieved to fix it but I'm not sure I'll be trying to upgrade it again which is a worry as I like to keep things up-to-date.

It's just a cautionary note really to anyone about to upgrade, things CAN go horribly wrong so make sure you only try to upgrade to the next version on from the one you have and do a proper backup through the admin. To be fair it does warn you to do that anyway before the upgrade.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Be careful upgrading!
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 04:57:01 AM »
Hi,

I really like Abantecart, it's very good generally, but I did have an unpleasant experience trying to upgrade recently. I tried to upgrade from version 1.1.9 to 1.2 and I got the critical error processing message.

Hi. You need to check AbanteCart error log. additionally you can try manual upgrade http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/user-manual/installation/core-upgrade#Install_manually

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Be careful upgrading!
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 08:55:21 PM »
There was a lot of posts about 1.9 to 1.2 upgrade. This was covered very well at the time.

Do not try to upgrade on live site!
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help