Author Topic: How to edit the subtext for the feature, bestseller, etc  (Read 11636 times)

Offline emanuelben616

• View Profile
How to edit the subtext for the feature, bestseller, etc
« on: July 13, 2015, 11:02:39 AM »
Hi All,

So on the home page there are four section, the latest, best feature, etc. There are also subtext that come with that. I haven't been successful in locating it. Does anyone know how I can remove them?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: How to edit the subtext for the feature, bestseller, etc
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 04:14:37 PM »
Seems you have a lot of questions -  and so far that all would have been found in the documentation-
There is a link at the top of this forum  and also in your admin panel under help.   If you spend a bit of time skimming thru you will learn how this cart works,  and how and where you can change and easily edit things.

Reading the docs will get you better informed, save you time and you won't have to wait until one of use reads the board to respond.

Here's the section in the docs about the design layout (where you can manage what your site looks like)
Note:  you need to select the page that you wish to alter -  home,  etc,

http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/design/layouts.html

« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 06:30:14 AM by Basara »

Offline emanuelben616

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 09:51:32 AM »
Thank you for your help

Offline emanuelben616

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 09:57:56 AM »
I know how to move and make the site the way i want t to look, but it doesn't give me an option to change the text on somethings thats why I asked

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 09:24:05 PM »
what is it you want to do?

you can change what it says in the language definitions

so if you want to change the title from Featured to Here's the Greatest -  go to system  > localization > language definitions

and type in part of the language you want to change in the "translation" field and it will bring you the xml where you can change it.
Note: if you are wanting to change the storefront -  you need to be sure your section says  Storefront.

http://demo.abantecart.com/index.php?rt=localisation/language_definitions&s=demo_admin&token=c99bb8c063664d5a9bd6f78844b439cd

you can set the number of items it displays in each of the section in the system > settings.
you can set the default for how they are displayed,  alpha,  price or date added

Offline emanuelben616

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 09:09:37 AM »
thank you for your help!