Author Topic: Can't translate whole Website when I add 2nd Language from Extension  (Read 5102 times)

Offline Asim

• View Profile
Hi,

I downloaded the latest version with hope the language issue will be resolved in the new version. But after uploading the AbanteCart v1.2.3 version, and I did add 2nd language Spanish from Extension, it does translate some text but nothing to show on the main menu and also on the products name still English.

2) It does not show the main banners when I click on translate to Spanish.

Kindly guide how can I add correct language, so whole website get transfer smoothly.

Kind Regards,
Asim

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't translate whole Website when I add 2nd Language from Extension
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2015, 04:46:30 AM »
Hello.

This is not an issue. All your store's dynamic data like products, categories, menu etc is translatable. This mean your need to add spanish version for your DYNAMIC data.
Fortunately AbanteCart can do this automatically with Load missing language data tool. And even more - AbanteCart can copy your base language changes to another language if you do not need multi-language descriptions
Please read this manual

Offline Asim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 05:18:03 AM »
Dear Basara,

Many thanks for your kind reply and guideline.

I did this process several time to load missing language data but still there is no changing on the storefront. Regarding Google-Translate API, this is not free, I tried to check on the marketplace it showed 40$ and even on the google own store there are difference price options to use this.

Attaching the screenshots which I have followed several times but no result on the store front.

Kind Regards,
Asim

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 05:20:24 AM »
Hello.

On your last screenshot Source Language should be English;) Do not copy Spanish to Spanish

Offline Asim

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2015, 11:19:11 AM »
Hello Basara,

Many thanks for the reply and I did this process before and it was showing the Categories' name in English not Spanish :) it also does not translate About Us on left bottom of the Page nor the testimonials by the customers.

Attached Screenshot. Furthermore, can not show the main banners when click on Spanish translator. But I would like to solve first language problem.

Kind Regards,
Asim

Offline Asim

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2015, 01:05:21 PM »
Hello Basara,

I have found a way to do the manual translation of Product categories. I am getting the text translated from Google Translator and then Copy/Paste into my Admin Page Categories by selecting the Spanish Language.

Thanks for the Help.

Kind Regards,
Asim