Author Topic: Script to upload product data to db  (Read 4816 times)

Offline mountain_mart

• View Profile
Script to upload product data to db
« on: August 20, 2015, 03:51:48 PM »
I have a supplier who updates their available products every month distributing it via DVD.

I require a script to automate the extraction of the data from the disc and upload it to the necessary info to the Abantecart db.

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
Re: Script to upload product data to db
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 06:12:17 PM »
Here's the docs on doing this...
http://www.abantecart.com/ecommerce-documentation/user-manual/admin-user-manual/system/data

As everyone's data is different, you would need to spend some time seeing how to extract the data from the DVD to something like Excel or csv, then using the Data -> Import feature to update the items.

All automation will require a 3rd party or hire a local IT tech wizard to do the "magic" for you.

There is no MAGIC, click 1 button and it automatically being done within Abantecart (or ANY other application out there).

Offline mountain_mart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2015, 03:32:25 AM »
Apologies, I obviously have not been clear enough in my original posting - I am looking for a developer, with the necessary skill set, to construct the coding and charge me accordingly.

Is this the right forum for such a request ?

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 09:04:26 AM »
Sorry, my bad, I didn't look at the forum category title...Hopefully, someone can help you with your request.