Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Thousan separator and decimal point European standard  (Read 5443 times)

Offline Svein

• View Profile
Thousan separator and decimal point European standard
« on: September 18, 2015, 04:21:46 AM »
I have spent days and days translating more than 4000 phrases, disclaimers etc. from English to Norwegian on AbanteCart cart just to find out that there is something fundamentally wrong with the European thousand separator and decimal point. If I enter a price for an item which costs Kr. 2.340,- the price appears as Kr. 2,34- i.e. the thousand separator defaults back to U.S. standard where comma is thousand separator and  point = decimal point. In the European system is exactly opposite point is thousand separator, and comma decimal point. I have gone in numerous times and changed this under language definitions, but it reverts back to U.S. standards. I even paid support to help me, and after downloading a new data base they claimed it was fixed, which it is NOT! Anyone else who has any suggestion or experience with this?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline Svein

• View Profile
Re: Thousan separator and decimal point European standard
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 04:17:31 AM »
If you read my post, I have said I tried changing on language definitions several times (10 times in fact) but it reverts to default U.S. values whenever I add another product priced over 1000. There is a bug in the system!

Offline abscenter

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 07:46:55 AM »
I did try and it worked. You go to Admin->System->Localization->Language Definitions.
After that, filter by decimal_point AND thousand_point key.
And you need to change BOTH input there. OR AT LEAST the storefront section one.
I just noticed the first one for admin section. And the second one for storefront section.

Btw because of this i found how to change other block. I didn't know that they have 2 blocks.
And plus the block that i wanted to change has many finding when i did search entire site.
I was making new thread but still reading the forum and i found your post LoL.
Lucky i tried it and found the way to solve my problem.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 01:40:00 AM »
If you read my post, I have said I tried changing on language definitions several times (10 times in fact) but it reverts to default U.S. values whenever I add another product priced over 1000. There is a bug in the system!

Please try to clear AbanteCart cache

Offline Karlsen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 10:55:06 AM »
Hi Is there any Norwegian lagauge for Abantecart

Svein har du laget noe? :-)