Author Topic: Does Paypal Express pass Abantecart cart contents to Paypal?  (Read 6852 times)

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
Does Paypal Express pass Abantecart cart contents to Paypal?
« on: September 25, 2015, 06:28:17 AM »
I was just wondering if Paypal passes the Abantecart cart contents to Paypal after payment and if not, is there a way to pass it?

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
Re: Does Paypal Express pass Abantecart cart contents to Paypal?
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 05:58:43 PM »
I spent a lot of time today trying to debug this for a site, but can anyone else chime in on this option or is anyone using the Paypal Express Extension?  The cart contents doesn't show up in Paypal when a customer uses Paypal to pay on a site.  I have had experience on Abantecart version 1.2.3 -> 1.2.4 -> 1.2.5 and I haven't seen the contents passed in my testing and live experience so far.

I quickly tested the Paypal Standard Extension instead on my test site and checked out and it immediately had the cart contents passed to the Paypal sandbox site.

Is this normal and actually how it's supposed to behave?  From some of the articles I've read,

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/paypal-payments-standard/integration-guide/cart_upload/
This constantly refers to Paypal Standard when talking about cart upload.

http://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/6279/paypal-standard-vs-paypal-directexpress.aspx
Comment many years ago from someone:
"Another thing that I'm not sure about is that in Standard you can pass the item information for each item and they can view that in Paypal, I don't know if you can do that with Express."

Is there a setting that needs to be "turned on" in Paypal Express or in Abantecart to pass the contents?  It does seem to show up when I click on the drop down when on the Paypal site when you're just about to pay.  It just doesn't list the contents after the fact when the payment is made.

Thanks for any pointers.