General Topics > News and Announcements

AbanteCart forum migration proposal!

<< < (4/5) > >>

Gordon Taylor:
Great points Lee!

digitalt:

--- Quote from: llegrand on October 12, 2016, 02:08:29 PM ---https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Google_products#Discontinued_products_and_services

Here's one of my biggest concerns with Google -  take a look at all of the things they have started and discontinued over the last 10 years.  And as of 2015  Google + was struggling some what -  lots of accounts (as all email accounts got one)  but they struggle to be popular it seems  .http://www.businessinsider.com/big-changes-coming-to-google--2015-5

So in addition to not owning the content,  we are subject to the whims of Google and what they want to promote next.

Just my 3 cents worth (inflation,  not a typo) ;)

Lee

--- End quote ---

Excellent point llegrand.

That's why I am in favor of keeping the support where it is. Does it cost? Yep. Is there a way to recoup the cost through the forum? Yep

Pavel, give it a chance please before giving up your rights to content and control.  Heck, I'll setup a demo site tomorrow of SMF on my server to give you a browse of what can be done with what we have here.

BTW, I don't use the Social Login on my site, but have great confidence it will work.

Joop:

--- Quote from: eCommerce Core on October 20, 2015, 11:21:05 AM ---Sounds good to me. I see many benefits.

--- End quote ---

Is there a problem with this forum, besides this huge amount of posts?

Maybe can someone post a message wich clearly explains how you can search this forum.

If someone need help he will/needs to register here (no big problem??)

(I'm a newbie here, but i was a user on an other site some years ago)

Joop

vainggooch:
it is good idea for me.

dharding:
FYI, this is a thread from 1.5 years ago. No need to bring the issue up again, IMO.

My first thought when I saw this in my unread posts list was that the forum was being moved and that content would be lost, and I got several posts in before seeing the date.

Please don't bump ancient threads just for the sake of doing so.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version