Author Topic: Second domain name without creating a store  (Read 5189 times)

Offline dhigz

• View Profile
Second domain name without creating a store
« on: November 03, 2015, 01:07:01 PM »
Hi,

Anyone know how I could get a second domain name to point to a specific page within AbanteCart without creating a second store?

I have an extension I am working on that I would like the option to have a secondary domain name or a sub-domain be able to point to it. The extension resides within the cart and does have its own path by way of controller access (index.php?rt=xxx/xxx) and seo access (/xxx). I can get a sub-domain to point to /xxx but of course get errors and it does not work so well. Ideally the second domain pointer would be an alias to the main domain but keep its identity.

Creating a second store means creating a whole new set of template files, which I don't want to do as the extension relies on the existing store template files and data.

I thought about the possibility of using .htaccess redirect but have not tried it yet. I have also thought about partially creating a second store to get the identity but using the existing templates but I am not sure if this will cause additional problems.

Anyone have any thought on how I might accomplish this?

Thanks
Don Higbee

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Second domain name without creating a store
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 02:07:27 PM »
Have you tried a redirect?  Redirects allow you to redirect a specific page to another page and display the contents of that second page.   This works for within the same domain name,  or to a different domain name.
You find this on your cPanel or Plesk Admin  -  just look for REDIRECTS.  It is pretty straighforward in the how -to.   Cpanel  has a video to explain more.   Don't know about Plesk

Lee