Author Topic: Add to Cart on product pages goes straight to shopping cart  (Read 4807 times)

Offline emanuelben616

• View Profile
Add to Cart on product pages goes straight to shopping cart
« on: November 29, 2015, 10:58:56 AM »
Hi All,

I haven't found any post regarding this problem, if you do please send me the link.
My issue is as following. When I'm on the product page and click add to cart button it goes straight to the shopping cart. I wanted to know how i can just add it to the cart and the item going into the cart without the page going to the shopping cart.
Thank you for the help!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Add to Cart on product pages goes straight to shopping cart
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 11:53:46 AM »
I don't have a solution for you,  but i would like to ask why you consider this a "problem"?  I have always considered it a feature so that customer to see what was added to their cart in detail.  This seems an advantage to me especially if there are options that need to be selected.

this is not meant to be a criticism -  I would just like to see your viewpoint better. 
Thanks
Lee

Offline emanuelben616

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 12:41:52 PM »
yea sure.

It does seem like a good feature to see what was added and what the shipping will be cost and all the other details. I was just thinking it would be annoying for the customers if they want to continue shopping around. Its like when you are in a store you dont go to the register everytime you put something in their cart, you continue shopping around and then go to checkout or in this case the checkout page. Im just saying that everytime they add something to the cart it will be annoying for me at least, to go to the checkout page every time.

What do you think?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 02:05:57 PM »
hmm,  i see your viewpoint better now.  Nice analogy with in-store shopping for adding clarity.
I too do a lot of online shopping,  and find myself having to click on the cart to be sure it got added as I want on others sites.  So seems it is really a matter of personal shopping preference from the customer side. 

AbanteCart does have the add directly without going to page on the from the home and category pages. But not from the product pages.

The one improvement I would like to see is having the continue shopping button also right under the product lists on the checkout page.  That will return them to the page they came from.  But with the location at the bottom by the Total line it is often missed by shoppers.  It is a subtle change,  but effective for customers to continue shopping.

For me,  if we can get the continue shopping button located higher on the checkout page  and using the add to cart as it is on the home and categories pages,  I like the way that works.  Just my opinion here.

thanks for your feedback.
Lee

Offline emanuelben616

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 02:20:09 PM »
Thank i think we both have valid points. It will be nice idk if its possible to add that option in the next version if someone wants that when someone clicks the Add to Cart that it should go or not to the shopping cart

Thank you for the help

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 02:44:54 PM »
I think having a continue and return to previous page would be best.  For people who only buy 1 item, I think going to cart is probably a good time saver (how it is now)...

Offline tastiger

• View Profile
    • Tassie Vapes
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 03:24:44 PM »
Just as an idea, ability for a persistent cart in the right column for desktop resolutions might give the best of both worlds?

I saw a small persistent cart used above other things in the right column on a competitor's website this morning and it was actually very easy to use.
After a long search I found AbanteCart Cart, I found possibilities!