Author Topic: Customer Create Account seems dead or doesn't work right!  (Read 8453 times)

Offline alanwilliams5

• View Profile
Customer Create Account seems dead or doesn't work right!
« on: November 29, 2015, 02:52:14 PM »
Hi!
I've just installed Abantecart to use on my website and I'm currently running simplystylish template. I have a question regarding Abantecart customer account creation: I am currently trying to make test accounts but there seems to be nothing happening on my website application; The customer is not notified of what happens next and neither does any of the data go into my server for any sort of verification or storage. Also no mails have been sent to the desired mail Id regarding any new order or customer!
Please help!! you can check for yourself right here : wwwDOTskysoukDOTcom/home is the website; I'm currently running the application through godaddy with whom I have bought the website and the hosting.

I've also been receiving messages daily on my abantecart app but I do not understand the relevance or how to stop/solve the same.
1.Your server is unable to create a session necessary for AbanteCart functionality. Check logs for exact error details and contact your hosting support administrator to resolve this error.
2./home/skysouk/public_html/home/system/config.php file needs to be set to read and execute modes to keep it secured from editing!
3./home/skysouk/public_html/home/index.php file is writable. It is recommended to set read and execute modes for this file to keep it secured and running properly!
4.Can't send emails. Please see log for details and check your mail settings.

Please help!
 :-[

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Customer Create Account seems dead or doesn't work right!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 03:14:31 PM »
Here is where i would start working on your issues:
check the permissions on these files and change as necessary
chmod 0777 system/config.php   ( version 1.2.5 s/b 444)
chmod 0777 system/
chmod 0777 system/cache/
chmod 0777 system/logs/
chmod 0777 image/
chmod 0777 image/thumbnails/
chmod 0777 download/
chmod 0777 extensions/
chmod 0777 admin/system/backup/
chmod 0777 resources/

in this post http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,4197.msg18284.html#msg18284
it is indicated that permissions for version 1.2.5 should be different

Next,  i would contact the template writer as Marketplace listing indicates it is support thru 1.2.4 versions and you have 1.2.5 installed.  There may need to be some changes in the code for it to work well with the AbnateCart version you have installed.

Try these first  - re-test and let us know if you are fixed,  or still have issues.

Lee

Offline alanwilliams5

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 03:32:48 PM »
Thanks llregard!
What you said about SimplyStylish was spot on! There was a captcha setting on the 1.2.5 version that wasn't appearing on my template and hence the customer registering process wasn't being completed as it just wasn't being shown on the template : I've disabled the same.

But as for the php and the permissions, I'm sorry I'm almost ignorant in such details and have little or no clue on how to do the same, godaddy run the installation of the application.

Offline alanwilliams5

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 03:41:00 PM »
Also, now that we've solved the customer registration issue, I've noticed that mails are being sent by an email address which is not suitable; that was an email address I had given at the time and require to use the newer customer service email we have; Is there any way to change it?
Thanks so much.

And sorry for being dyslexic on your name ,Ilegrand.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 10:30:38 PM »
Does your GoDaddy site have cPanel?  Or how do you access your domain for management - not your AbanteCart Admin panel?  Once I know how you can access your files for permissions,  I can get you better directions on changing the file permissions.

In regards to your email -  you can change the site email from within the Admin panel
Look in System > Settings > Store Details  and find the field e-mail.  change it to what you want to use.

Here is some info on additional mail settings
http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/settings/mail.html
http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/quickstart/email_settings.html

Offline alanwilliams5

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 03:41:41 AM »
HI Ilegrand! I've tried changing the email wherever the email address fields are but still no luck with regards to the email changing.
Kindly find attached are the images of concern; as you can see the default mail is stencilleda@gmaildotcom but I wanted to try to make it info@skysoukdotcom but no luck. It'd be disastrous to have the mails seen sent from a gmail account.

And yes, My GoDaddy account does indeed have cPanel!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 12:02:42 PM »
Here's is a great tutorial on changing file permissions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTZn1khvT0U

try changing this permissions to the recommended  and see if that solves your email problem

If not,  please post back.

Lee

Offline alanwilliams5

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2015, 01:16:20 AM »
Thanks Ilegrand, I changed the permissions, so now the notifications have stopped popping up BUT I just can't seem to change the default mail mail id! :(

Offline alanwilliams5

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2015, 01:34:56 AM »
I also just realised that in other places both the gmail account and the webdoman email pop up!.. what do you think is wrong here?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 04:12:58 AM »
To change your store's email please visit Store Details settings page in Admin > System > Settings > Store Details Tab

Offline alanwilliams5

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 04:21:20 AM »
Hi Basara,
Thanks for your reply, but that doesn't change the address; It shows the required email address on that form but all default (new order, customer verification) etc all are sent from another email ID. I have no idea why!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2015, 06:07:53 AM »
Hello.

What is your Mail settings Admin > System > Settings > Mail?
http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/settings/mail.html