Author Topic: Shipping Options...  (Read 9838 times)

Offline Julianna

• View Profile
Shipping Options...
« on: February 28, 2013, 04:20:41 PM »
Hi...Is there a way to have shipping options like say for 2 day or overnight delivery? I want to charge customers extra if they want to have the item shipped faster...is there a way I can add this in at checkout? Like a radio button they can check? Thanks
for your help. :-)

Julianna

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Re: Shipping Options...
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 10:49:13 PM »
shipping options it is functionality of shipping extension.
For ex fedex-extension have this via their API and some other have too.
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline Julianna

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 03:31:58 AM »
Ohh...don't think that will work for me. My items are dropshipped from another site that uses UPS...so I don't need a UPS acct..is there a way I can just add my own shipping options for faster delivery to the checkout page? Like the flat rate shipping radio button? Example, Instead of it saying flat rate I would like it to say 2 day delivery, etc...Maybe I can add them
to the checkout page of the script? I would need it to add to the shopping cart, right? I got a call yesterday where a woman wanted it delivered by the next day but I had to tell her to click the send money in Paypal to send the extra shipping fee..but seems she didn't want to be bothered doing it that way so she never placed an order..:-(  So I can be losing customers without having these options..Zen Cart had these options in my old store..so I'm hoping I can do it with this script since I like this cart better.  :) Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Julianna
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 03:35:51 AM by Julianna »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 03:45:25 AM »
1. You can change text "flat rate" to say anything you want. This is done in language definition.
To locate these text quickly, type flat rate at the top right search in the admin. Click on the result and edit text for admin and storefront.

2. I see problem if you have to offer 2 flat rate options. Currently there is no way to duplicate extension.
Flat rate extension needs to be customized to support this.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Julianna

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 10:07:19 AM »
Ok..it doesn't seem to be working for me...:-(  I changed the text but when I add the price it still shows as $0.00...
I'm thinking I can't change the flat rate price if I use free shipping?

Julianna