Author Topic: free shipping and flat rate shipping  (Read 11843 times)

Offline teck

• View Profile
free shipping and flat rate shipping
« on: October 23, 2012, 03:55:06 AM »
Hi,
Have tried to enable both of these modules. Have set the free shipping on condition as only more than $100 purchase in goods else should charge for $7 as flat rate.

two issues pop up:

1. The flat rate charging for below $100 purchase is not calculated based on per shipment but per product type. If I select 3 items from two different product type, it add in $14 for the flat rate charging.
2. The flat rate shipping rate is displayed as a choice for those eligible for free shipping. So there are two buttons for customer to select. Can't we only show free shipping?
3. If the flat rate is applied only to specific zone or location, no matter the purchase is above $100 or less, the flat rate button is not shown. So if the purchase is below $100, no shipping method selection button is shown so the customer cannot proceed to pay...I would like to set up diff zone for diff flat rate charges.

take care,
teck

Offline teck

• View Profile
Re: free shipping and flat rate shipping
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 06:22:45 AM »
Hi,
I have found out the cause for item 1. I disable the fixed rate at product and enable it at the extension flat rate module. Previously I set the rate at both.

take care,
teck

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 09:44:36 AM »
Hi,
Have tried to enable both of these modules. Have set the free shipping on condition as only more than $100 purchase in goods else should charge for $7 as flat rate.

two issues pop up:

2. The flat rate shipping rate is displayed as a choice for those eligible for free shipping. So there are two buttons for customer to select. Can't we only show free shipping?
You can not show only free shopping in this case.

3. If the flat rate is applied only to specific zone or location, no matter the purchase is above $100 or less, the flat rate button is not shown. So if the purchase is below $100, no shipping method selection button is shown so the customer cannot proceed to pay...I would like to set up diff zone for diff flat rate charges.

In AbanteCart 1.1.1 on my side flat rate shown for any location. What is your Abantecart version?

Offline teck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 11:14:58 PM »
hi Basara,

version 1.1.0. so version 1.1.1 provide de solution?

take care

Offline teck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 01:21:07 AM »
Dear All,
For Item 3, the main issue on flat rate extension is similar to the store pick up extension. How can these two extensions allow entries for multiple locations? For flat rate extension, allow input to different location with different flat rate charges. As for store pick up extensions, allow input a list of the retail shops for customer to choose from.

Anyone building new extension to cater for this?

take care,
teck