Author Topic: Increased item quantity does NOT update Shipping calculator correctly?  (Read 6242 times)

Offline BANTEBABY

• View Profile
Love the cart guys&gals, I think i'll stick around for a while.

If you'll have me. :)

HOKAY, here is my issue.

Set up the location in localization. Check.

Set up Weight Based Shipping. Check. 3:5.00,6:10.00,9:15.00,12:20.00,15:20.00

so, the goal is: first 4 items get $5 shipping each, 20$ max.

definitely doesn't stop at 20$, or 4 items,  but most importantly: increasing product quantity in the cart does not increase shipping AT ALL, it still thinks there is only one shirt, after refreshing.

I am not sure the best route to do this..  I'm guessing i'll have to look in to the discounts?  I really don't want to work on per price or weight, would rather it be per item.. not sure where I should go from here.  4:30 am and I still need to create new products..  yawn/sigh.

Thanks for your time!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Increased item quantity does NOT update Shipping calculator correctly?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 06:14:17 AM »
Hello.

Please post your product shipping related settings:
weight
weight class
required shipping On or Off?
Fixed Shipping Price value
Ship Product Individually On or Off

Also what is your default weight class and AbanteCart version?

Offline BANTEBABY

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 06:54:29 AM »
AbanteCart 1.2.5  ..  default weight class. i've been testing in pounds.  will eventually switch to ounces when i get it working.

weight: 3   and also tried 3.00    for testing purposes.

required shipping, I have tried both.  Currently set to ON

fixed shipping price value.  Initially set this to 5$,  set that to 0 when I started installing shipping extensions.

ship product individually is set to OFF

Thanks for the reply!

EDIT: just to confirm here... the weight does go up in the shipping calculator.. but the price of shipping does not go up. (When increasing quantity of products in cart)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 06:57:45 AM by BANTEBABY »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 09:22:00 AM »
Hi.
I think you miss something.
Weight Based shipping v1.0.1 work on my fresh installed AbanteCart 1.2.5 please see screenshot

I suggest you to clean AbanteCart cache, enable Show Weight on Cart page setting and recheck all weights and shipping settings again

Offline BANTEBABY

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2015, 10:52:18 AM »
Thanks for your help!  I'll report back when I get to fixing it and find a solution! 

Offline BANTEBABY

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2015, 12:03:47 PM »
So, which cache would you suggest clearing?   Will the site be safe if I clear them all?  I can assume so, but that seems dangerous.  I'll just wait for precise instruction until impatience gets me.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 01:46:57 PM »
In computing, active data is often cached to shorten data access times, reduce latency and improve input/output.  Almost all application workload is dependent upon I/O operations, caching isused to improve application performance.

Think of it like a scratch pad where you did your math for your cash balance.  When you make a change in that you need to change your scratch pad.  Same thing is true on the server,  the web browser and if running CDN there too when you are changing lots of things on your site  -   usually during startup and development.

So my recommendation is start by clearing your cache (all of it) on the admin panel.   And also refresh your browser with at least Cntl F5,  as Abantecart uses cookies and retains some things, as well as browser have a caching feature also.   If you are just starting up  I assume you've not enable a CDN yet - so that will not be an issue.

This gives your system a clean  "scratch pad"  to report what is going on after your changes.

Hope this helps you to understand caching better and to feel "safer" clearing cache.

Lee

Offline BANTEBABY

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 08:49:40 PM »
llegrand, thank you for your detailed response! 

I did clear the first cache, products/settings or something? 

at the time, the problem was not fixed..

however, upon viewing it today.. it seems to be fixed.. at least for the one shirt I tested.. I'll make sure all the shirts have the same settings, and if everything works i'll report back with correct settings for anyone else who has issues in the future.

Thank you all for the help!

Some more errors popping up.. incorrect config.php file permissions.  this one is pretty obvious how to fix.  just wondering if it needs to be 0777  ?

Session save path is not writable
.(Your server is unable to create a session necessary for AbanteCart functionality. Check logs for exact error details and contact your hosting support administrator to resolve this error.)

would this be due to the incorrect permissions of the config.php above?   

Here's the recent log entries:

2015-12-02 20:48:30 - App Warning:  AbanteCart core v.1.2.5 Warning: Accessing store with unconfigured or unknown domain ( my site  dot com ).
 Check setting of your store domain URL in System Settings . Loading default store configuration for now. in ipg dot MYSITENAMEcom/core/lib/ config dot php on line 183