Shopping Cart Operations > Support

I want to move to another web hosting. What should I do?

<< < (5/16) > >>

Basara:

--- Quote from: farzeel on May 06, 2016, 05:31:56 PM ---please send a video tutorials :(

--- End quote ---

Hello. You can read our doc How to move to another hosting http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/tips/change_domain.html#ChangeHosting

kolynet:
guys, i have migrated abantecart million times, you dont have to reinstall. i can help you to do it quickly without problems. you can contact me

Gordon Taylor:
I agree with kolynet, it's very simple if you have some basic knowledge. He's moved many of them, simply PM him for the details!

Geoffrey:

--- Quote from: kolynet on October 08, 2016, 05:54:18 AM ---guys, i have migrated abantecart million times, you don't have to reinstall. i can help you to do it quickly without problems. you can contact me

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Gordon Taylor on October 08, 2016, 03:12:37 PM ---I agree with kolynet, it's very simple if you have some basic knowledge. He's moved many of them, simply PM him for the details!

--- End quote ---

But what if you're dead now? 

I was hoping for a quick read. 

It says here the process is quick and simple, but it also says that I must play a "PM" game that is not quick and simple in order to get the information about the quick and simple process. 

That doesn't make sense. 

It seems smarter to just post the quick and simple information instead of posting instructions for a PM game. 

Especially if you were recently killed by a tiger, which would make the PM game much much slower than it already was.  The quick and simple information would be gone forever. 

It seems smarter to just post the information instead of the game. 

BTW - AbanteCart is not like many other CMS's in that it is not a straightforward process to backup a local dev site and then restore the dev site on a live server.   Hence this thread.  Funny that this distinction has apparently persisted for 5 years.

Geoffrey:
So my site is going on an A2 account. 

I ftp'd the AC backup to the A2 server last night. 

A2 has a simple AC installer.  The installer never asked if I wanted demo data.  It just blasted the full package onto my root. 
So that is something to look into. 

I accessed the live AC Admin panel and deleted all that demo data. 

Then I accessed the live AC System/Data/Restore page.  The Browse button wants to look on on my local machine.  I can't make it look at my folder on the live server. 

Funny. 

Intuitive software can be a challenging thing to write. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version