Author Topic: Language Flag  (Read 5053 times)

Offline alanwilliams5

• View Profile
Language Flag
« on: December 13, 2015, 01:13:52 AM »
I wanted to install an Arabic language on my abantecart but I noticed the available one in the marketplace had a very particular flag : Egypt. https://marketplace.abantecart.com/arbic_language The website is not catering to anyone in Egypt and therefore having an Egypt flag would be quite off-putting to any user (the Arab speaking nations are quite a few, I'm sure you've all heard of Dubai and UAE - my market). Is there a way of changing the flag?
Please help; The only way i can contact the extension developer is if I purchase the app and I don't want to do that unless I'm quite sure I'll be able to work around this issue.

FTP and php goes over my head, so If anyone can help me out in simple terms, that would be very helpful. (Godaddy hosting)
Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 01:18:45 AM by alanwilliams5 »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Language Flag
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 08:51:42 AM »
You only need to login to your marketplace account  and leave a comment for the developer of the extension.   Developer will receive an email notification and will usually reply as they get an email notification that a comment has been posted.

You do not have to buy the app in order to do this.

Lee

Offline alanwilliams5

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 10:16:57 AM »
He's asking me to buy the extension first.

https://marketplace.abantecart.com/index.php?rt=product/product/comments&product_id=286#post_752

Sounds suspicious. What do you'll think?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 11:30:52 AM »
a bit unusual IMO  you aren't asking him to change it yet -   only if it can be done. 

With that said, it is easy to change out the flag within the extension thru the cPanel file access or FTP.  I remember you said you weren't very good with FTP,  but it is really easy once you do it - and a good knowledge to have in your webmaster know-how.

So if you need this extension,  the "wrong flag"  shouldn't hold you back.  But in reading his reviews he does seem to be a bit uneven in his customer service - one person loved the service,  the other didn't get any.  But both say the extension works fine.  Just the customer service seems to be the issue.

Hope this helps you a bit
Lee

CTGO.co

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2018, 09:00:16 AM »
i would like to add a flags to some languages i added manually. How to add flags please to those languages???