Author Topic: Pl fix the pricing issue ...  (Read 7593 times)

Offline CoolSurfer

• View Profile
Pl fix the pricing issue ...
« on: January 08, 2016, 07:56:11 AM »
Pl fix this issue, i would just move away from that page where i see some discrepency in the rates, i would never click on buy once i see this in the drop down menu.

In the end it does do the calculations correct, but a buyer should be knowing he is operating on abantecart and this visual discrepency will not lead to cheating in the end. :D

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Pl fix the pricing issue ...
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 09:09:01 AM »
You can "fix" this in several ways -  this is not a cart bug, but a decision of the coders to display option pricing in that manner.

1.  simply add info to the desc of the option   
eg  5 lbs  add      or 5 lb +
then the display would read  5 lbs add 10.00
or  5 lb +10.00
upon selection of that option the Total pricing does change to reflect the total cost of the option

2.  Add info into the box title - eg.  Weight Quantity with pricing adjustment

3.  buy the extension in the marketplace that displays it differently
http://marketplace.abantecart.com/option_price

Everyone has their own opinion about things - doesn't mean yours or theirs is the most correct way, only a difference of viewpoint.  And there are often different solutions to "problems".   Some folks prefer to see the pricing difference displayed as they don't want to have to do the math for the up-charge -  again,  different viewpoints.  But in this case there are easy ways to change to your preference  without making others give up their preference.

Offline CoolSurfer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 10:40:18 AM »
Thanks your suggestion makes sense, maybe this way of putting the price should be added in the help file also.
 8)

Offline CoolSurfer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 01:46:41 AM »
This is actually like a forced fix to a glaring issue. I am sure many people must have noticed this and instead of complaining about it must have decided to move to
another software like prestashop or something. Its like asking your visitors give a negative message that there are discrepencies... move to another site.
Should be modified.

Instead of the price difference being displayed, the software can calculate the final price in the background and display the modified price.

Logic should prevail, not the issue of liking or not liking by the programmer.

The naive visitor doesnt know calculations, and if the - before the price is a hyphen or a minus sign.

When the visitor is going to click on buy, there shoyld be no distractions. All in good taste :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 01:48:32 AM by CoolSurfer »

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 06:32:11 AM »
I think all programs/carts, etc have some issues.  That's just to be expected and everyone will make their own call as to what to use, what's worth working around and when it's time to move on.  There were a few "suggestions" and you can choose to take them or move on to something else...but the constant whining gets old and as I've mentioned before, most people here don't care if you leave or you use something else as that's just to be expected.  Just do what's best for your business and I'm sure all the cart developers will spend as much time/money/resources on what's best for their cart, etc...

Someone who is a regular contributor has already posted solutions for you and I don't think the core developer should waste time on a "fix" when one already exists.  It should be called a work around anyways vs a forced fix.

I actually think having an extension which does what you want is actually a win for the extension developer and the core developers since it keeps cost low for people who don't need it (like me), but still supports the people who spend time to fix/solve it.

As for Prestashop, here is a post with tons of various complaints as well after 1 search (I'm sure we all did searches prior to deploying our carts).
https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/59684-presta-is-sucks/
http://www.sheldmandu.com/shopping-carts/prestashop-vs-opencart-2013-why-prestashop-sucks

These rants are everywhere and over all carts so do your own research and if another product works better, simply move on.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 06:34:20 AM by webdevmerc »

Offline CoolSurfer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 07:09:09 AM »
You need to take a chill pill... you don't even know how much money I donate to free freeware developers. And I don't have to prove anything to you.
I had this suggestion and I still have it. I posted it.
You don't like it close the post and move on.
Had I chosen to goto presta  I wouldn't have bothered to try to make the abate software better with suggestions.

You are the one who is being rude and not proactive.

Offline ezeeozee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 10:50:25 AM »
I have switched from prestashop to abantecart because prestashop is a nightmare to upgrade. It also didn't seamlessly integrate with PayPal  express checkout. When I raised these issues on their forum I received snotty responses which did nothing to resolve the issues.

I hope abantecart is not like this and actually takes the amendment suggestions provided by users on board - we want the cart to work or our online business will fail.

Offline webdevmerc

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 05:01:54 PM »
You need to take a chill pill... you don't even know how much money I donate to free freeware developers. And I don't have to prove anything to you.
I had this suggestion and I still have it. I posted it.
You don't like it close the post and move on.
Had I chosen to goto presta  I wouldn't have bothered to try to make the abate software better with suggestions.

You are the one who is being rude and not proactive.

Yes, you definitely don't have a to prove a thing to me and you are free and welcome to post your opinions and suggestions like everyone else is free to post theirs as well (including me).  I have posted mine and find your post on this topic and "whining" on this topic weak when someone else has already offered 3 suggestions to you.  If you don't like it, that's ok as well and you can keep posting the same thing if you want to include it in core.

I suppose like I said, I actually don't care that much either way what happens (enough to post of course) :) on what people do, but I just had to chime in that I do find your jab annoying and I don't want the developers to waste their time if it takes a lot of time to fix this and instead, work on other things.

As this is the world wide Internet, everyone is free to post their thoughts and opinions and you have lots of fine comments.  I just like to post mine every once in a while as well when I start to find some posters as "whiny" and "annoying" so I like say my piece too to at least let the devs know and extension developers know that I do support that paid model for people earning some money for stuff that solves things the developers don't want to or have time to fix.

Also, if this is put into core that'd be LESS incentive for people to offer extensions and the extension developers would have wasted their time.

All that said, this will be my last post on this topic as these debates can be endless and a waste of time for all.  I simply voiced my immediate thoughts when reading your message.  If another cart does it better I'm sure we'd try to improve Abantecart if we can and if not possible, move on as our business depends on it.

Offline CoolSurfer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 09:46:42 PM »
You started this you move on... Its people like you who are bad for business and in this case you are pushing customers and clients for abantecart away with your
attitude and comments. Had I not liked abantecart i wouldnt have spent so many hours everyday taking snapshots and suggesting to make improvements in the software.

You dont need to "defend" the software developers, the way you are talking it seems you want them to do something else and my suggestions might make them change their mind
on what you want and they might start spending time to fix according to my suggestions.

Yes if the developers find my suggestions annoying then i will stop suggesting.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 09:49:19 PM by CoolSurfer »