Shopping Cart Operations > Tips and Tricks

Import Products CSV

(1/2) > >>

quenncy:
I am trying to understand Importing by CSV to upload many products at one time to my Store Front.

I have manually entered some products to my store then exported the PRODUCT CSV for a example.
Opening the CSV product sample wit excel and deleted all columns that I was not familiar with but leaving columns to data I wanted to enter like "products.price", "products.title", "products.sku" etc.. After completing 163 rows I then saved it back in the same format as I opened then I went to the Import page and tried once to upload with TEST on then tried again with TEST off. Either way I didn't get no errors but have no clue where or if it placed the Added Products data somewhere and I can't find it.

Any help would be appreciated,
Regards,
Quenncy  :)

abantecart:
What version of abantecart you use?
When you do import, result page shows you number of record created/updated. What did you get?
You comment
--- Quote ---and deleted all columns that I was not familiar
--- End quote ---
I am not sure if you deleted some important columns, like column that links product to category.

quenncy:

--- Quote from: abantecart on October 29, 2012, 02:11:35 PM ---What version of abantecart you use?
When you do import, result page shows you number of record created/updated. What did you get?
You comment
--- Quote ---and deleted all columns that I was not familiar
--- End quote ---
I am not sure if you deleted some important columns, like column that links product to category.

--- End quote ---

I want to say thanks so much for the speedy reply.

I am running ver. 1.1 downloaded via my hosting site's cPanel. So I believe it is basically installed to my hosting server.

On "result's" the error reads:
Total loaded: 971. Updated: 0. Created: 809. Errors: 162
"Missing relation ID resource_id for update_or_insert action in table resource_library. Skipping."

Here is a screen shot that might help us on the columns.
Also you can not see but I entered at the very beginning the Column "Action" and for all rows entered "insert".

What columns are REQUIRED in a product import (Insert) CSV file?

Thanks,
Quenncy  :)

andrew.mikhailyk:
Hello Quenncy,

Can you please confirm if you have products at Catalog -> Products page at Control panel after import or not?
Also please give us your import file or part of it.

Thanks.

FG:
The import feature is nice and easy to use.  The best way to do it is manually add a product and then perform an export and use that file as a template.

I've tried lots of different platforms and I found the Import feature of AbanteCart the easiest to use.

:)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version