Author Topic: Bundle Discount  (Read 6946 times)

Offline cdthomas23

• View Profile
Bundle Discount
« on: February 07, 2016, 10:29:40 PM »
Is there any way to provide a discount if people buy a certain 3 products?  For instance, if they buy a hat, a towel, and a bag, I want to discount the purchase $5.  Thanks.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Bundle Discount
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 04:34:49 PM »
I've been thinking about your question.  You can try coupons -  I know you can apply a discount to specific products,  but I am not sure if you can bundle them in that manner.

You could bundle into a separate product (that's what Amazon does) 

You can also give a coupon code for total amount of purchase. 

That's all I can think of currently -  perhaps someone else will have a different solution.

Offline cdthomas23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 04:57:01 PM »
Thanks.  I certainly thought about creating a "bundle product."  However, each product has options and customizations, so it gets to be a lot on a single product page.  Curious to see if there are any options or add-ons.  A Google search didn't seem to turn up anything.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 05:06:44 PM »
http://marketplace.abantecart.com/marketing/promotions-management

Thanks -  your reply triggered a memory on the market place about this one.  I've not used it so can't comment on it,  but you can probably contact the extension provider on the comment section if you have questions.

Offline cdthomas23

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 05:13:21 PM »
Cool.  I will check it out.  I had to go the Marketplace route for Gift Certificates as well.  Seems like Magento had a little more of this built in, but overall AbanteCart is working so much better for me.