Author Topic: A couple of issues  (Read 4295 times)

Offline rascott757

• View Profile
A couple of issues
« on: February 09, 2016, 12:01:18 AM »
Hi Everyone,

My experience so far has been mostly positive, but I'm having a few issues that the forums haven't provided answers to yet.
1. SMTP doesn't seem to be working. I've configured it with the correct settings but it will not send mail.
2. I enabled Customer Data Encryption but it didn't seem to work that well. I checked the forums and it's not entirely clear what the permissions need to be, so I've tried different things:
system 0777, folder1 0777 folder2 0777 (set to /system/folder1/folder2)
config.php:
define('ENCRYPTION_KEYS_DIR', '/system/folder1/folder2/');
define('DATA_ENCRYPTION_ENABLED', true);
define('DATA_ENCRYPTION_KEYPAIR', 'my_key_name');

2016-02-09 4:08:13 - warning: AbanteCart core v.1.2.5 mkdir(): Permission denied in <b>/home/hostname/shop.storename.com/store/core/lib/encryption.php</b> on line <b>271</b>
2016-02-09 4:08:13 - Error: Can't create directory /system/folder1/folder2/ for saving SSL keys! (I also tried saving in one level above with the same result)
2016-02-09 4:08:52 - Error: SSL Encryption failed! Missing public key

In addition to that a few things stopped working:
Customer phone number, email address and fax will not save

I found:
"But there is more to it if you happened to have enabled customers' data encryption previously:
   form: topic,1564.0.html ***does not help*** and the links below do not work.

ecommerce-documentation /82-admin-user-manual/s pecific-manuals/ encryption-data-manager/ 107-encryption-data-manager
  ecommerce-documentation /50-admin-user-manual /system/ settings/39-settings

Is there anyone who can help me? I am using version 1.2.5 and I did a backup just prior to the encryption.

Thank you!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A couple of issues
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 01:50:18 AM »
Hi Everyone,

My experience so far has been mostly positive, but I'm having a few issues that the forums haven't provided answers to yet.
1. SMTP doesn't seem to be working. I've configured it with the correct settings but it will not send mail.

Hello. Check your error log and make sure your host did not block SMTP (ask hosting support for help)

Please create separate topics for different questions