Author Topic: product placement  (Read 3912 times)

Offline Jockweiler

• View Profile
product placement
« on: March 01, 2016, 02:04:20 PM »
Hi,
I am a new ABANTECART user, and whilst I think the product is in itself wonderful – way more user friendlier than magento, I am finding that some of the features frustrating because of my new found learning curve.

I am hopeful that my new obstacle to overcome will be solved with advice from the community, rather than me seeking the skills of a developer.

Problem I am faced with is product placement…

If I list 12 products in a category that has been set to 4 products wide, I would expect to see three rows of products – right…..//wrong

The attached image shows that the listing of 12 products stretches itself out to 5 rows.
Some rows have 1 product – maybe 2.

How do I enforce 4 products in a row ??

Many Thanks for your help..

Jock

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: product placement
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 05:30:49 PM »
welcome to AbanteCart!

I don't know which version you're working with but since you're new assume it might be 1.2.5.

In some previous versions there were some issues when the Product Title was too long (but I thought that was a fixed bug)  -  it seems some of yours are very long - so maybe try shortening them a bit.

And it could possibly be an issue with too long of a blurb also.   

suggest you just try a couple of things with shorter titles and maybe shorter blurbs and see if that makes your display behave better.

Please post back your findings (in case there is a length issue again) or if that doesn't solve it.

Lee

Offline Jockweiler

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 07:45:24 PM »
HI Lee,

Thanks very much for replying to this post.
I'm sure I wont be the only person experiencing this..

I have shortened the Titles, and Blurb (to two lines) as you can see in the attachment - but to no avail !

I thought that two lines was maybe still too much - but as you can see there is plenty of room for a product listing under the two lines of the product above.

You were correct in your assumption.... I am using AbanteCart Version 1.2.5

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 11:07:50 PM »
Thanks for trying the suggestion.  One more thing AbanteCart has a great caching routine.  However  it does mean when Admins are developing,  making lots of changes, etc.  you need to clear the cache within the Admin .   System > Cache   Clear all

a link to the docs about cache
http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/tips/cache.html

Then on your browser clear your PC browser  usually Ctnl F5  will do it. 

See if that refreshes things for you.

You're the only person who's had this issue since about v 1.1.9 or maybe 1.2.0  so it's either something new or have you made any code changes to the templates?

Anyway  let's keep at it.

Lee

Offline Jockweiler

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 02:32:49 AM »
Thanks for your support and patience Lee.

Success: You have successfully deleted the cache files! within AbanteCart; and deleted all cache from Chrome and IE11

Still renders the same 'misplaced way' in both browsers.

I haven't made any changes to the PHP files at all yet... This is ostensibly an out of the box experience for me...

Thanks,

Jock