Author Topic: Importing Large Files - New Product Upload - May be >10000 SKU in One Sheet  (Read 3317 times)

Offline beingshoppers

• Love Internet Surfing
    • View Profile
    • Online Shopping
Hello Members / Admin,

I am trying to upload new products on my E-commerce website. Everything goes well until I upload 25-30 products in one go through imports. But I want to upload >10000 SKU in one go. I need to upload at least 500K new products and this is not at all feasible to upload such small quantity at one time.

Can you suggest a better way to handle this situation. I am using India Servers for hosting my website and this is shared hosting. Everything goes well and handles around 3500 visitors on my website everyday. But I am going to advertise extensively now so need lot of new products and categories on my website. Cost is no product, I just need a feasible solution.

We sell on Amazon all channels and can upload even 50000 SKU in one go so I want to know the best way to upload large number of products at a time.

Regards
Ajay
Ajay Shrotriya
beingshoppers.com

Offline digitalt

• View Profile
Re: Importing Large Files - New Product Upload - May be >10000 SKU in One Sheet
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 07:16:44 AM »
What error do you get when trying to upload?   File size?

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Importing Large Files - New Product Upload - May be >10000 SKU in One Sheet
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 08:21:39 AM »
You should be able to import more than 30 products at the time. You probably have a very low setting for timeout or upload.
Check following PHP settings values (PHP Info system -> settings -> system ) and possibly you need to increase them

upload_max_filesize = ?
post_max_size = ?
memory_limit = ?
max_execution_time = ?

For larger import of 500k products, I you need to create a custom import with command line script.

Keep in mind your PHP memory limit.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline beingshoppers

• Love Internet Surfing
    • View Profile
    • Online Shopping
Actually my hosting server has some limitations. After few minutes it goes timeout. So now I have decided to first create database on my local machine and later upload. Even VPS server shows Error 504 (Server Timeout). I asked my hosting company to change some settings but they seems to be worried about resource limit. Any way Thanks for support.
Ajay Shrotriya
beingshoppers.com