Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Add to cart to see lower price  (Read 5487 times)

Offline atssocal

• View Profile
Add to cart to see lower price
« on: November 03, 2016, 02:57:54 AM »
Is this possible with AbanteCart?  I am looking everywhere in the admin panel for this option.  I have vendors that only allow non-discounted MSRP to be displayed on the main product pages and in search results, so it is essential to have the option to place a blurb such as "Add this product to your cart to see our lowest price."  Its a pretty standard feature across most shopping cart solutions so hopefully this is possible.

Thanks in advance.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Add to cart to see lower price
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 01:50:25 PM »
I am trying to understand what you need. Are you looking to have 2 prices, MSRP on all the pages and different price once product is added to cart?
If this is correct, it is not possible with default AbanteCart. See if any marketplace extension can do this for you. 
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline eCommerce Core

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 01:56:51 PM »
Honestly, I do not see how this feature can be very popular. Sounds like a sneaky way to trick customers into some action and get spammed later with abandoned cart.
To me, I would not bother adding to cart to see the price, I much rather find site with best price upfront.

I know some big sites did this in the past, but I do not see this recently.
“If you’re in the luckiest one per cent of humanity, you owe it to the rest of humanity to think about the other 99 per cent.”
― Warren Buffett

Offline timlight10

• View Profile
    • Dedicated Presentation Solutions
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 09:46:06 PM »
Sorry to bump this old thread, but this feature would be really helpful for me. I have MAP (Minimum Advertised Pricing) enforced by some of my suppliers. Therefore, I can only advertise certain prices, but would like to offer my customers better pricing that the MAP price. I cannot set all products on sale, because that 1. defeats the point of "sales" and 2. would advertise the price below MAP. I would like to show to the customer that the price they'd pay is less than MAP. I can do this when they add the item to the cart as its no longer advertising but instead the beginning of a transaction.