Author Topic: Social media  (Read 4993 times)

Offline thomasaswain

• View Profile
Social media
« on: March 14, 2017, 12:13:44 PM »
Hello,

Will Wordpress work with Abantecart or do I need to specifically use the blog manager in the market place?

I want an icon for a blog. I have the html link from my wordpress account but when I put it in the site it comes up as the full address.

Also, on my site, the Facebook and Twitter Icons are gray instead of blue like you would expect. Any fix to this?

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 12:32:18 PM by thomasaswain »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Social media
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 04:56:17 AM »
Hello.

Not clear what do you need but you can embed AbanteCart products to the self-hosted WordPress site see http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/embed/embed.html
or you can add link to your WP blog in the AbanteCart menu http://docs.abantecart.com/pages/design/menu.html

the Blog manager in marketplace it is 3rd party addon please contact it's developer for demo or question how it will work for you

Offline thomasaswain

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 07:42:50 AM »
Thanks. I guess the second option is what I was looking for. If you go to my site, vitahealthcenter.com, and look in the upper right corner where the Facebook, Twitter icons, I want an icon for blog. Then I need the link to go to the blog when you click on the icon.

My first thought was going into content and pasting the html, but that will put the enitre web address instead of an icon.

thanks again.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 07:49:17 AM by thomasaswain »

Offline old_guy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2017, 10:50:33 AM »
Hi,
Changing the colours of the Social Media Icon is a css issue.  You could use Firebug to identify the entry and change that.
If you get stuck ask again and I am sure someone will help