Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Which table has products for block  (Read 7516 times)

Offline Sam_78

• View Profile
Which table has products for block
« on: May 08, 2017, 04:15:53 PM »
I am looking into Database and trying to find out which table contains the product_id to be displayed in block
Example: Featured block has 7 products so which table have this information???.. products_featured has them but I have created custom listing block and looking for their DB

I am trying to find products only if its in any block.. is there a query which I can run to find only those products who are in any of the block..
I have so many blocks so it is confusing to maintain inventory and lots of duplicate
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 04:41:15 PM by Sam_78 »

Offline abolabo

• core-developer
  • Administrator
  • web for all, all for web!
    • View Profile
    • AbanteCart
Re: Which table has products for block
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 03:52:17 AM »
Hello.
For listing blocks just look into table block_descriptions for custom block contents.
If block is generic try to find controller for it, such as block/featured.php (also you can use template debug setting (system->settings->system) to define it)
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.”
― Charles Dickens

Offline Sam_78

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2017, 09:19:25 AM »
Thanks abolabo,
But I have many products that are not assigned in any block and are still ON(old products). Is there any easier way(query) I can run to find list of products whose status is ON and are in any block. So that I can look at them individually and turn them OFF.

Offline teelatrmo

• View Profile
    • geometry dash subzero
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2023, 04:08:35 AM »
The template debug setting (system->settings->system) can be used to define the controller to utilize if the block is generic, like block/featured.php.

Offline abigailkent1122

• Deals N Vouchers
    • View Profile
    • Deals N Vouchers
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2023, 02:55:07 AM »
Not necessary to have product_id in blocks, just copy from database and paste it over your backend.