Author Topic: maximum per package weight  (Read 5714 times)

Offline Landmark

• View Profile
maximum per package weight
« on: July 28, 2017, 10:32:18 AM »
I processed an order that was just over 150 lbs. The shipping options at checkout were all disabled with a message, "maximum per package weight exceeds 150 lb. limit." Is this a cart setting or a UPS extension setting, and can I bypass this limit? Obviously we box the order in separate packages so the aggregate order weight shouldn't have to affect my shipping calculation for the total order. I am guessing it's just a matter of knowing where to click, but haven't been successful in finding it yet.

Thanks!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: maximum per package weight
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 11:03:39 AM »
The 150 lb is a limitation set by UPS within their API rate lookup.
From UPS guidelines:
UPS has established specific weight and size limits for the packages that you send with all UPS services. The restrictions below only pertain to individual packages. There are no limits to the total weight of your shipment or the total number of packages in your shipment. Shipments larger than the limits listed below will require the use of our UPS Freight services or UPS Worldwide Express FreightSM.

• Packages can be up to 150 lbs.
  • Packages can be up to 165 inches in length and girth combined.
  • Packages can be up to 108 inches in length.
  • Packages with a large size-to-weight ratio require special pricing and dimensional weight calculations.

If this is a condition you have often -  then you might find our UPS Enhanced Integration a better fit.
http://marketplace.abantecart.com/ups_integration
You can see on the manual we provide that we accommodate multiple box calculations within the rate look up.

http://abantecartextensions.com/docs/ups

The Support Team
We Hear You 2, Inc.  (WHY2)