eCommerce construction > How-to questions

Duplicating Categories

(1/1)

dulrich:
Hi, I am hoping that there is a way to copy or duplicate categories. I am building an automotive website and many of the categories are applicable to multiple model years, so I need to have the same sub categories over multiple years and models.

Is there any way to use sub categories under multiple categories at the same time?

Thanks,

Dave

Basara:
Hello.

You can add several categories/subcategories to same product

dulrich:
That's good to know and I will need to do that. However, I am building a drill down architecture for the menu system. For instance, The home category is in this case (Ford) / first sub (2011) Second sub (f-150) / Third sub "options" (with console) (without console) etc. to drill down to the correct product. My problem is that I need to use the same sub categories for the years 2012, 2013, and 2014 which were all the same body style. Ideally I would like to be able to assign the sub categories to multiple menu strings or be able to copy them. Is this possible or would I need to build each instance individually. What I am building as you see is a huge undertaking, so any thing I can do to streamline the process would be a big help.

Thanks,

Dave

llegrand:
If you are proficient with databases you can build your first one completely out  and then look at the database table(s)
and replicate. 

If you are not proficient you will create a huge mess to fix.  :)

dulrich:
Nope unfortunately I am not a programer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version