eCommerce construction > Templates

Removing Storefront Top Sub Menu

(1/2) > >>

familyfirstom:
I want to get rid of the Special Offers / Bookmarks / Sitemap / Keywords buttons at the top of the default template but can't find where to remove these in any of the admin options. Can someone please direct me as to where these are located?

abantecart:
This is in the template file: storefront/view/default/template/common/header.tpl

Look at these lines:

--- Code: ---          <li><a href="<?php echo $special; ?>" class="special"><?php echo $text_special; ?></a></li>
          <li class="nav_sep">&nbsp;</li>
          <li><a onclick="bookmark(document.location, '<?php echo addslashes($title); ?>');" class="bookmark"><?php echo $text_bookmark; ?></a></li>
          <li><a href="<?php echo $contact; ?>" class="contact"><?php echo $text_contact; ?></a></li>
          <li><a href="<?php echo $sitemap; ?>" class="sitemap"><?php echo $text_sitemap; ?></a></li>

--- End code ---

rmurrell34608:
I was just wondering how to add links to this menu, I would like to add account and login links, but when I add the links just goes to home page - here is the code I am trying to use - <li><a href="<?php echo $account; ?>" class="account"><?php echo $text_account; ?></a></li> - not sure what link should be for this or if it is possible.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

abantecart:
If you need to add link, you can do this 2 ways.

1. Use variable with the code that you created, but you need to add value to in in the controller.
in the template /storefront/view/default/template/common/header.tp:

--- Code: ---<li><a href="<?php echo $account; ?>"><?php echo $text_account; ?></a></li>

--- End code ---

in controller /storefront/controller/common/header.php:
Add:

--- Code: ---$this->data['text_account'] = $this->language->get('text_account');
$this->data['account'] = $this->html->getURL('account/account');

--- End code ---

2. Add relative portion of URL to the template (lazy way :) )

--- Code: ---<li><a href="/index.php?rt=account/account">My Account</a></li>

--- End code ---

FYI. For blue menu above, you can add link using admin -> menu without any code changes.

iStuck:

--- Quote from: familyfirstom on February 19, 2013, 03:12:06 AM ---I want to get rid of the Special Offers / Bookmarks / Sitemap / Keywords buttons at the top of the default template but can't find where to remove these in any of the admin options. Can someone please direct me as to where these are located?

--- End quote ---

How do you remove this from the additional free theme ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version