Author Topic: Manufacturer and manufacturer products accessibility.  (Read 4291 times)

Offline Tishbyte

• Still Learning
    • View Profile
    • Tishbyte Studios
Manufacturer and manufacturer products accessibility.
« on: April 02, 2018, 04:32:40 PM »
Greetings, I would like to suggest two features, Nothing fancy, should be relatively easy to do. The first thing would be to be able to view all products by a manufacturer, maybe another drop down in the products page or simply clicking on the manufacturer's name would bring it up? This is something that exists on the user side but not on the admin side.
The second thing would be to have a page where a user can view all manufacturers on the store, currently the scrolling option can be cumbersome if you have many manufacturers. Maybe also make it possible to search manufacturers?

Thank you.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Manufacturer and manufacturer products accessibility.
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 02:10:27 AM »
Hello.

The first one already in core. Check this product http://demo.abantecart.com/index.php?rt=product/product&product_id=51
at the bottom of description click on Brands image

For the second one try to create a Data Listing block and place it to page in Layouts. https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/12713994/Data+Listing+block

Offline Tishbyte

• Still Learning
    • View Profile
    • Tishbyte Studios
Re: Manufacturer and manufacturer products accessibility.
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 02:31:57 PM »
I shall try the custom data block, but your suggestion for showing all products by a manufacturer doesn't solve the issue of seeing it on the admin side. For example, it a product is disabled it won't show up on the client side and there isn't really a way to search for them on the admin side. You would basically have to go into the database and do searches manually. What I am suggesting is a page on the admin side that shows all of the products by a manufacturer whether it's disabled or not.
The reason behind this is that I just transferred some 2000 products from my clients old site to Abantecart and we need to remove some old manufacturers. Low and behold when you try to delete a manufacturer it won't let you unless you get rid of all the products first. Now I have to go use PHPMyAdmin to find out what products are made by which manufacturer because there isn't a page/button for it in the admin side.
Hope this makes more sense as to why this sort of functionality could be useful.
Thanks!