Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Latest Products Not Showing Items I Have Imported  (Read 6259 times)

Offline FG

• View Profile
Latest Products Not Showing Items I Have Imported
« on: February 23, 2013, 09:23:30 AM »
Items that I have imported using a CSV file are not showing up on the Latest Products section of AbanteCart.

What I have done is manually create an item in the group I want to add products in to and then export all products to a CSV file.  I have then deleted all but the item I just manually downloaded and then used file as a template (making sure I add Insert at the beginning of each one).

The product I manually added to my site has shown up in the Latest Products section but the ones I uploaded via the CSV file do not.  I copied down the date/time from the item I created manually - is this the issues - do I need to change the times slightly or something (maybe it's getting confused)?

Thanks.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Latest Products Not Showing Items I Have Imported
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 03:43:25 PM »
Check date_added on products that you import. This date needs to be greater that other product to be shown in latest list.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline FG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 02:42:31 AM »
I've made sure I've entered the correct date but the only items showing in the Latest Products block are ones I have manually added to the site (i.e. not via CSV).

To test this, yesterday I manually created an item, i then exported my Products and deleted all but the latest item I have added and then used that as a template to add other like items but only the item I added manually shows up in the Latest Products block along with items I added last week.

*EDIT*

I've just had a thought, should I be leaving the dates blank when uploading a CSV so AbanteCart sorts that out?  Could this be the issue?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 02:49:08 AM by FG »

Offline FG

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 06:45:23 AM »
I've just been uploading some more products to my store and I've tried it with and without dates and the items are not showing up in the Latest Items block.  :(