Author Topic: Paypal Standard issue: Failed or missing response from payment verification.  (Read 20949 times)

Offline henry85

• View Profile
This used to work perfectly two days ago. But now, I've been testing it with the sandbox and every time I get the following: "Failed or missing response from payment verification. Manual verification is required! this link" in the admin panel and the user gets "Oops! We have experienced some issue with your transaction. Your order will be verified manually by administrator.". I've tried reinstalling AbanteCart and using the extension in a fresh manner, nothing else but the demo data, and I still got the same error even after making sure that the transaction was successful in the PayPal merchant account. I am at a loss. Has anyone had any similar issue?
Thank you,
Henry.

PS: I'm using the latest AbanteCart v1.2.12
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 04:54:18 AM by henry85 »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Offline atmosman

• View Profile
I uploaded the new file folder default_pp_standard to my website and now I am getting a double message (see pic) . Is there an install process I should have done?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Did you completely replace all files to new? Do you test on real site domain, is your SSL valid ?

Offline atmosman

• View Profile
Did you completely replace all files to new? Do you test on real site domain, is your SSL valid ?

I uploaded all files and folders in the default_pp_ standart folder even the install.php/uninstall.php and main.php
 it is running on a live site. www.atmostools.com
yes the SSL is valid, but that page does not come up at https://

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Your SSL is not valid I guess paypal cant connect

Offline atmosman

• View Profile
 Your correct. I just tested my site on 4 different websites and it says the SSL is not working. I have been paying for 5 months now and thought it was configured correctly. I'll get it fixed and see what happens

Offline icrashin2000

• View Profile
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can also help me with this please. As per the previous posts I've checked my SSL certificate and everything comes back as fine and I have the little padlock/https before my web address. I have no issues when using Paypal Express but am getting the same verification method if I try to use Paypal Standard. I only installed Abantecart around two months ago and am using version 1.2.12 which I thought was the latest and should have the latest extensions. Any help would be gratefully received. many thanks.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Let me explain the root of this issue:

Then we sent a request to PayPal, and response does not tell us that transaction is finished within 5-10 seconds, we will show the message and let customer continue. We mark this order for manual verification.

There is a delay setting in the code that can be increased
public_html/extensions/default_pp_standart/storefront/view/default/template/responses/pending_ipn.tpl:31

Additionally in upcoming 1.2.13 there will be slight improvement.

Bottom line, I would not rely on PayPal Standard approach.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline icrashin2000

• View Profile
Hi,

Thanks for the response below. In lieu of the Paypal Standard working (or not) can anyone suggest a way I could add an instalment plan option to my payment methods?

Thanks. :D

Offline atmosman

• View Profile
 I have moved my site from a sub domain to its own domain and I have verified that the ssl is good https://atmostools.com but my PayPal payments are still coming back as failed but the order did go through and process

Message status:
    warning

Date:
    10/14/2018 12:20:06 PM

Number of repetitions:

Failed or missing response from payment verification. Manual verification is required! this link

any thoughts how to get this fixed?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hi. Did you try to increase IPN timeout as suggested ?http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,6589.msg28743.html#msg28743

Offline atmosman

• View Profile
Hi. Did you try to increase IPN timeout as suggested ?http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,6589.msg28743.html#msg28743

No I thought that was fixed in the new version.
What line should I change and by how much?
Code: [Select]
var timeout = 30;
(function worker() {
if(timeout <=0){
location = '<?php echo $success_url;?>';
return;
}
timeout -=5;

Offline atmosman

• View Profile
well I changed
var timeout = 30;
to var timeout = 35;

and the order still failed
"Failed or missing response from payment verification. Manual verification is required! this link"

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello.
As a workaround you can simply change "failed" message shown for customers in your Language Definitions section in admin.
Keep in mind, PayPal recently change requirements for SSL certificate so not all "valid" certificates are actually valid for PayPal https://www.paypal.com/sg/webapps/mpp/ssl-upgrade

You can also contact a PayPal support