Author Topic: Paypal Pro setup error  (Read 12532 times)

Offline sarcuk

• View Profile
Paypal Pro setup error
« on: May 16, 2018, 11:42:44 AM »
Hi,

I am a novice here trying to setup PayPal Payments Pro... I have a PayPal Business Account. I click the Get Your Sandbox API Credentials, and I copy-paste these details. I get the following error message:

'PayPal Error: Security header is not valid. Please check your API Credentials and try again. Also please note that Test mode is ON!'

I have read other replies to similar topics and tried to understand but can't.

help appreciated,
Thanks

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Paypal Pro setup error
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 03:19:00 AM »
Hello.
First make sure you select TEST or LIVE mode. In PayPal API keys for both are different.
Second note you need a valid SSL certificate installed and SSL enabled in your store. This is PayPal requirement

Offline sarcuk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 09:44:43 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I have checked and there is a valid SSL certificate, thanks for the heads up on that one though.

As for the mode, I want to use LIVE mode (I guess, I want to actually be able to receive payment...). I have the correct Paypal API keys entered. Sandbox is set to 'No'.  However the errors still occur.

Different payment methods appear with different errors, see below:

Credit or Debit Card (Processed securely by PayPal): Error: "The merchant's account is unable to process transactions."
PayPal: Error: "Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."

Any idea on next steps to get this working would be appreciated.
Jack

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 09:46:37 AM »
Please post your site url (add spaces if you cant post)

Offline sarcuk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 12:40:02 PM »
https:// sarcoidosisuk.org /shop/

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 12:50:41 PM »
I noticed that your site works with both sarcoidosisuk.org/shop/ and www.sarcoidosisuk.org/shop/

I do not know if this is the reason for your error, but many systems including google, will treat these as 2 separate sites.

I suggest you setup redirect any requests to www.sarcoidosisuk.org/shop/

This can be done with .htaccess

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline sarcuk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 11:24:17 AM »
Hi, So are you suggesting this is the reason Paypal isn't working or just pointing out a separate error?

Either way...

I don't know how to set up redirect requests with .htaccess. I asked my hosting provider for support who advised:

"The application is URL dependant so it doesn't work with .htaccess redirections which only cause redirection loops."

They recommended using this support article: https:// abantecart.atlassian.net /wiki/spaces/AD/pages/22511620/Changing+Domain+Name

I have then updated the Abantecart system settings with a secure URL (https: //www. sarcoidosisuk.org/shop/) and store URL (http:// www. sarcoidosisuk.org/shop/). This does not seem to have solved the redirect issue.

Any ideas what I should try next?
Thanks.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 02:02:32 AM »
Credit or Debit Card (Processed securely by PayPal): Error: "The merchant's account is unable to process transactions."
For this error you need contact paypal support

For www/ non-www redirection it is easy. Not sure why hosting cant help you. Search in google

Offline sarcuk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 05:19:30 AM »
Hi,
Thanks for your advice. I have now redirected from sarcoidosisuk .org to www. sarcoidosisuk .org by editing the .htaccess file. This has not solved the payment gateway issue unfortunately. The same errors persist.
I have asked Paypal and they are referring me back to you guys!
Any further help really appreciated.
Thanks

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 07:40:45 AM »
Please double check that you enter your credentials correctly. No spaces or any not visible characters  ;)

Offline sarcuk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2018, 09:14:14 AM »
I have doubled checked the credentials and they are correct. There are no spaces. What do you mean by visible characters?

What next do you suggest?
Thanks

Offline sarcuk

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2018, 09:18:04 AM »
Paypal have suggested this as a solution: https:// tinyurl.com/ y8kegat2

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2018, 09:20:37 AM »
Paypal have suggested this as a solution: https:// tinyurl.com/ y8kegat2

So what is your currency, language? Do you modify any of them (decimal point, thousand point, currency code)

Offline sarcuk

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2018, 11:30:34 AM »
I'm not sure. I don't know how to edit HTML variables for individual products...which of the below is relevant to this situation? (from the Paypal support page above)

1) If you use third-party shopping cart software, such as a hosted shopping cart or software that you installed on your web server, the developer of that software may need to correct a problem in their code. Contact your cart provider directly and have them review this guide.
2) For websites that use static HTML, examine your HTML directly to see if there are problems in the values being directed to PayPal. For example, in the following code, the value of the amount field is "$1,000.00," which contains invalid "," and "$" symbols. It should be updated to "1000.00."

Offline jaja

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2018, 07:52:27 PM »
I really wonder why people do not answer questions and do nothing to follow helpful tips.
 :o  :o  :o
YOU ADD A SPACE IN YOUR PAYPAL EMAIL>