Author Topic: Code In block not showing on my content page...  (Read 12663 times)

Offline Julianna

• View Profile
Code In block not showing on my content page...
« on: March 08, 2013, 03:42:45 AM »
Hi again...hope this doesn't sound too confusing...well I'm confused...lol Ok..I have a links page called links.php (link exchange) that I would like to embed into the site. So, I created a new block called links...and also a content page called resources...The code shows in admin but I don't see it on my new resources page with the links block which I chose to show in layouts...I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong...any idea how I can make the php page show in my resources page? What url would I point it to? The folder where my links script is currently installed is called giftlinks.  I appreciate any help once again. :-)

Regards,
Julianna

Offline Julianna

• View Profile
Re: Code In block not showing on my content page...
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 04:04:00 AM »
Ok...I got it to work...but some of the php coding is showing on the page...can I add php and not html?
Is there a way I can do that? Thanks for any help! :-)

Regards,
Julianna

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 10:25:20 AM »
You can have PHP code in the template files (.tpl), if this is what you mean.

Template files have scope of view class and you can have anything available in view accessible in the template.

Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline Julianna

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 12:25:58 PM »
Don't think that's what I want...or not sure how to make that work ..I'll try to explain better...Ok..I downloaded a link exchange script (called Linkman) and the main page in the script would be links.php. It's the page that has all the links of course and the website submission form. So I would like that links.php page to be embedded in my site on a page I created called Resources. But I can't seem to get the php parts to show in the content..only the html..I tried converting the page to html by copying the source code and pasting it in the to the content area in admin...but when I went to the page on my site if I click the add link button it gives an error page I guess because I would have to change all the links to have http:// at the beginning? So it won't go to any of the links I click...Now do you know what I mean? Or no?? :-) I just wanted something simple so I can manage it in admin, and have it integrated in my site. Otherwise, I'll have a blank white background for a first page that doesn't match my site and just looks sloppy...Thanks for trying to help... :)

Julianna

Offline Julianna

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 03:37:14 PM »
Ok..forget the above post...I've decided to make it easier and just add the header of my store to my links page...but I tried copying and pasting the header code of the cart into the header of the links page...well the header.txt file of the link directory, but it won't show...am I doing something wrong? Thanks.  :)

Julianna