Shopping Cart Operations > Opinions

Whitelable Configuration Setting

<< < (2/2)

Nimitz1061:
Given the recent post expressing some concern over marketing Abantecart, I thought a few comments on how white labeling can affect a projects marketability would be in order here.

Perhaps one of the greatest strengths of an Open Source approach to development is the extent to which a project can benefit from community driven viral marketing.  Such marketing offers great potential cost savings in terms of both labor and cash expenditures - which can seriously improve ROI for the participating project members and core stake holders in the community.   But, such marketing is never cost free, or without difficulties.

Two big challenges in marketing this way include the ability to maintain consistency and clarity in the messaging carried out in the course of decentralized marketing activities.   Another is achieving sufficient concentration of messaging to generate a constant flow of web traffic to all concerned.

Whether to white label, and how white labeling is done will have a great deal of impact on how successful a project is in meeting those challenges.

Something to think about..

David

abantecart:
Thanks David.
Great points.

Handoko:
Whitelabel or not both have its advantages. I will say it's better to allow user to whitelabel:

- For some (of my) clients, they do not wish to expose what software being used for building their site, a kind of trade secret I guess.

- Actually I've tried AbanteCart a year ago, but because I saw I can't change the logo and color theme, so I ended up to use WordPress.

- I did see whitelabel is in the roadmap, so come back the the website regularly. Unfortunately, until now it's still on postponed status. It's really a turn off for me.

eCommerce Core:
This is resolved

http://forum.abantecart.com/index.php/topic,134.msg6716.html#msg6716

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version