Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Paypal Express Issue - Won't accept Canadian Dollars on Back End  (Read 2912 times)

Offline Janex

• View Profile
I successfully installed the PayPal Express Payment Gateway and the API tests were good.

I have tried checking out in USD, Euro and Pound Sterling and all work. 

However, when I try to check out with Canadian Dollars (which is my default currency and also the currency accepted by my PayPal account) I cannot check out.  I get an error message instead of the PayPal check out Page: "PayPal Express Checkout Error.  Error has occured during request. Please try again later."

The Admin Logs show 2 different error messages - here is the examples:

1.   2019-04-19 5:38:28 - App Warning: AbanteCart core v.1.2.14 PayPal Express Checkout Error: Security header is not valid. Test mode = 1. in /home/amet2087/public_html/dir/extensions/default_pp_express/admin/controller/responses/extension/default_pp_express.php on line 85

2.  2019-04-20 4:10:26 - App Warning: AbanteCart core v.1.2.14 PayPal Express Checkout Error: Receiving country does not support the transaction currency.. Test mode = 0. in /home/amet2087/public_html/dir/extensions/default_pp_express/core/default_pp_express.php on line 320

PayPal has been working with me on this issue and here is the latest response - which asks that Abantecart get involved:

"I have good news and bad news.

Good News! I was able to perform 2 successful transactions with my personal account, 1 for $6 USD and one for $6 CAD, neither were stopped.  I will reverse these transactions out of your account.

Bad news, I have no idea why your cart is not allowing CAD transactions on the back end.

Would you be willing or able to add AbanteCart's Customer service as an email address into this ticket or potentially reach out to them and see why that currency would not be able to be used for some reason? There is not a reason I can find on the PayPal end."

Thanks for any assistance. 

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Paypal Express Issue - Won't accept Canadian Dollars on Back End
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 03:36:18 AM »
Hi.
In your AbanteCart settings make sure the currency code CAD is saved without spaces.
In your PayPal account do you have CAD currency added and enabled?

Offline Janex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2019, 11:45:10 PM »
Thank you Basara!

Even though no space and yes PayPal configured for Canadian - your post saved me!  I looked at what you said carefully and compared it to the Currency Settings - somehow I had CAN and NOT CAD !!  I never would have found this without you response.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!  I tested the check out in Canadian and it now works.

However, I did not notice this symantic type error and it would be good to get it fixed.  Under the drop down showing how price is determined - in the tax portion it says GST &amp PST - how to get rid of the "amp".  Please see attached screen shot. 

Once again - thanks so much!!

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 05:06:08 AM »
Thank you.
Amp bug reported to official bug tracker https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/issues/1267