Author Topic: Canada Post Shipping Platform  (Read 2903 times)

Offline Janex

• View Profile
Canada Post Shipping Platform
« on: May 21, 2019, 02:06:02 PM »
Greetings!  I am planning to install the Canada Post Shipping Platform BUT before I do - please advise me on the following:

1.  I understand I must enter weight, width, height, depth for each product to get accurate shipping.  Is that correct?

2.  My main question is:  How will the Shipping Platform calculate the shipping for multiple items going out in one order?

3.  Is the platform "smart enough" to combine the weight of 3 or 4 items and also then take into consideration the largest dimensions so that the size of the parcel will be adequately accounted for?

4.  Please advice on any other relevant items that must be known to understand how this shipping platform will accurately calculate the shipping costs.

Really looking forward to finding this out so I can move forward with my on-line store.

Thanks so much! 

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Canada Post Shipping Platform
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 03:44:47 PM »
Hi we're the developers of the Canada Post extension

Here is the link to the manual that will help you understand a bit better.
https://abantecartextensions.com/docs/canpost

Please note that we have not released a CanPost version to support AbanteCart v. 1.2.14 or 1.2.15  yet.  Should be out in a short time -  still in test as there were several cart changes.

Answers to your questions
1.  Each product does not require a dim.  But if your product is extra large,  or large and lightweight,  or you are shipping individually  you should imput dims on the product page. 

2.  Unless you have an item set to ship individually,  all items in the order will have the weight added to calculate the rate based on the destination

3. No -  that requires a "bin" algorithm which which is beyond the scope of need for most AbanteCart users.

4.  If you use a standard box size exclusively -  you can set it in the Settings on the CanPost,  you can also set max wt you want to set.
If those parameters are set within the Settings page,  then if the total wt of your shipment is more that the set wt -  it will use 2 or more boxes and calculate and total the shipping costs.

If you would like a test site on our server just sent a request to the email (link is under my name)  or PM us on this forum.   Let us know what version of AbanteCart you are using.

The Support Team
We Hear You 2, Inc  (WHY2)

Offline Janex

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 06:23:00 PM »
Hello and thanks for the reply.

1.  In answer to your question I have AbanteCart 1.2.14  installed

2.  In the Dashboard under shipping you indicate "Canada Post Integration" is available for $30.  Is this NOT the case???  When would I be able ti use the Canada Post extension?  Makes sense I would use it as I am in Canada and that is the most easily shipping method. 

3.  SOUNDS like your Canada Post extension works MOSTLY on weight base only??  But dimensions could be added for more accuracies in some cases.

4.  Yes, a test site on your server would likely be good.  If you can e-mail the link ro tell me how that works - great!

Thanks for your additional help.

Offline Janex

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 02:57:03 PM »
Just wondering how I receive another response from AbanteCart on this post?  Not sure if I have to start a new thread to keep it going or?  Just need more clarification and answers as per previous post questions.  Thanks so much!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 03:24:13 PM »
On the Marketplace  the Canada Post extension is currently on available for AbanteCart versions 1.2.0-1.2.13.   As indicated in my previous answer  extension support 1.2.15  (and 1.2.14 that have patch files installed)  will be available soon

Most shipping does work on weight  -  the exceptions like large boxes with light wt where there is a surcharge,  you can select
an individual shipping requirement for those products and the dimensions in the product page will be used to calculate the correct rate -  based on volume and wt of the item.

If you use a standard size box for ALL your shipping ,  then you can set that in the settings page and that information will be applied to all your shipping calculations.

I will PM you details for a testing site -

The Support Team
We Hear You 2 Inc. (WHY2)