Author Topic: Adding video  (Read 3574 times)

Offline user88

• View Profile
    • Visit my website
Adding video
« on: September 08, 2019, 09:06:47 PM »
Hi everyone, hope all is well,

I read the manual and forum about videos and successfully uploaded my own video, created a video block, and activated it on the product layout page.

When I go to the product page, the video is not embedded on the page. Instead you have to click it and then it opens a black screen. (see picture) After the video finishes there is no way to go back to the product page. Really unpleasant experience.

Here is a link so you can see what I mean (the video is a small test file).

https://bluestarway.com/increase4all/index.php?rt=product/product&product_id=78

-----  Is it possible to have the video embedded on the product page so that it can be viewed right there?

Thanks a lot

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Adding video
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2019, 03:57:21 AM »
Hello.
Video block is just generic example to output video from resource library. Browsers do not support all video types so you need to implement own solution to play video

Offline user88

• View Profile
    • Visit my website
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2019, 02:51:19 PM »
I don't have this problem with my blogging software, so it seems to me this is not a browser issue. My blog software nicely displays a video box which you can view like video in youtube.

Does anyone know how to nicely display on product page or category page a video uploaded to resource library ? Is there a plugin needed for this?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 05:54:22 PM by user88 »

Offline user88

• View Profile
    • Visit my website
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 05:44:28 PM »
NOTE:

I also noticed that when you click on the video file to watch it, AbanteCart will take you to a new page that SHOWS the complete path to the video FILE - this allows everyone to know the direct path to your files.

I may be wrong, but isn't this a security risk?

Do I have this problem because I use mp4 format rather than one of the native AbanteCart formats?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 05:55:44 PM by user88 »

Offline user88

• View Profile
    • Visit my website
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2019, 06:09:07 PM »
I uploaded a avi format video to test and the results are different. The avi file is played by a video player local to the computer or device used by the customer.

This means the video file is DOWNLOADED to the customer's computer or device for watching. Not what I would like to happen either.

Solutions to this are welcomed.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 06:11:30 PM by user88 »

Offline user88

• View Profile
    • Visit my website
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 10:38:15 PM »
Tried one more thing.

Wanted to see how AbanteCart displays a youtube video.

Followed the steps. Got my youtube video embed code. Went to product page, selected media, choose add video, clicked on html resource, pasted code and filled in boxes, then pressed save and nothing. AbanteCart doesn't create resource. Nothing is added to media manager so I can't add the video to the product.

Any thoughts on this ?

Offline HADY

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 04:40:31 AM »
This is very simple,
you should create a html block and go to youtube share section and get the embedded link , copy it and paste it in that  created html block, then activate it in layouts where you want it to be shown.

Regards
Thank you In Advanced
Regards
HADY

Offline user88

• View Profile
    • Visit my website
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 02:57:38 PM »
Thanks HADY.

I tested it with a youtube video and it works fine.  I don't have a youtube account and I want to display my own video. AbanteCart can't do this in a pleasant way.

So I figured I could copy the embed video code from my blog software and create a html block like you suggested.  This works fine. I'm streaming my own video now. :)

Feel way better now... for a moment I thought I would have to begin the search for another e-cart.