Author Topic: Password reset email NOT being sent  (Read 3325 times)

Offline JFuchs

• View Profile
    • Beaton Industrial, Inc.
Password reset email NOT being sent
« on: August 29, 2019, 08:52:08 AM »
Hello,
     I have forgotten my password and attempted to receive a new one. I receive the email that takes me to a page to receive a new password, but once I complete that page the actual email with the new temporary password never arrives. Tried 6 times or so yesterday. I also tried the trick in which you temporarily adjust the code on line 54 to have the password shown after hitting submit vs. an email sent, but the code given only produced a blank white screen after hitting submit.
     Again, I receive the email with a link to reset my password. It takes me to a page that confirms I want a new password, I hit submit and it say's it will send an email with the new password, and it never does. I cannot login, and cannot access my site. Is there anywhere through the database to find the current password that the system generated and was supposed to email?

Thanks,
Jon

Here is the code I tried replacing on line 54, but that did not populate the password as some thought it may, and only provided a blank page.

Code: [Select]
  $password = 'YOUR_NEW_PASS';
                        $this->loadModel('user/user');
    $this->model_user_user->editUser($this->user_data['user_id'], array('password' => $password));
  exit;
  $this->redirect($this->html->getSecureURL('index/forgot_password','&mail=sent'));

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Password reset email NOT being sent
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 09:53:37 AM »
Hello.

Check spam folder in your mail

Offline JFuchs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 10:20:55 AM »
I've done that ten times over. It's weird too, because I get the first email to click a link to reset password, then I don't get the second email with the actual password. Is there a way to view the system generated password in the database files?

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 01:47:16 AM »
Hello.
Passwords are encrypted in database. There is no way to 'view' them

Offline JFuchs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 10:37:11 AM »
Ok, is there a way to add another admin user in the backend, and then use that newly created user to sign in? Or do you have any suggestions on how I can rectify this and get back in?

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 11:08:54 AM »
Did you perhaps use Softaculous to install your cart originally?  If so  there is a admin password change in the edit installation details  that will reset your password  without having to know your old one,  you do need to know your user name.

https://softaculous.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_edit_an_installation

If you did not use Softaculous for the original install,  you can import it using your ftp creds for the site
Depending on your server settings you will either use This Server,  or Remote Server 

https://softaculous.com/wiki/index.php?search=import&title=Special%3ASearch&go=Go

Offline JFuchs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 12:01:08 PM »
llegrand, you are my favorite person in the world right now!! It worked, and I'm in!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 12:11:09 PM »
Happy to know you're back in your admin!

Might I suggest a password manager for future protection?   There are lots of them out there -  LastPass  (has a free version)  Firefox browser even has a LastPass connection,  DashLane has a free version but limited to 50 passwords and there are others.  But as someone who has hundreds of sites and the need to change passwords frequently for security -  I strongly recommend a password manager.  You just have to remember ONE master password  -

Cheers
Lee

Offline HADY

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2019, 05:25:08 AM »
I think the cellphone SMS should be in this issue active to send verification code for reset password lol, this is a suggestion for developer team of Abantecart to have the last technology on Abantecart...

that's will be perfect :D

Regards
Thank you In Advanced
Regards
HADY