Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Password reset with forgotten username  (Read 6213 times)

Offline stephanie

• View Profile
Password reset with forgotten username
« on: December 04, 2019, 02:16:38 AM »
Hi all.
I'd like to reset my password using the forgotten password option when logging into Abantecart administration back end.
I have forgotten either or both of the user name and password because when I try all the combinations I remember, it says "No match for Username and/or Password". However, resetting it requires I fill in the email address and the code displayed to prove I am not a robot, as well as the user name, which I do not remember. The issue is, if I leave it blank, or make any error in any of the 3 text boxes, the error always says "Human verification Failed!" and makes me re-enter a new code, even if the error is not in that section.

Thus I am unable to proceed further at all.
You can see the attached picture.
Please help.
Thank you
Stephanie

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Password reset with forgotten username
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 01:14:56 AM »
Hello.
You can found your admin username in database. I think ac_users table. For the captcha issue please try another browser.

Offline stephanie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 09:52:31 PM »
Hello,
thanks for your reply.
Can you be a little more specific?

I do not understand what you mean when you say I can find my "admin username in database". Is that my web host's database? If so, I already know the username and password for the PHP database. However, when I installed Abantecart, I had to make a separate username and password for Abantecart. That is the one I do not remember and cannot find.

thank you
Stephanie

Offline HADY

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 02:59:05 AM »
Hi all.
I'd like to reset my password using the forgotten password option when logging into Abantecart administration back end.
I have forgotten either or both of the user name and password because when I try all the combinations I remember, it says "No match for Username and/or Password". However, resetting it requires I fill in the email address and the code displayed to prove I am not a robot, as well as the user name, which I do not remember. The issue is, if I leave it blank, or make any error in any of the 3 text boxes, the error always says "Human verification Failed!" and makes me re-enter a new code, even if the error is not in that section.

Thus I am unable to proceed further at all.
You can see the attached picture.
Please help.
Thank you
Stephanie

Hello!
what is the php version you are using ??
Regards
HADI
Thank you In Advanced
Regards
HADY

Offline stephanie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 07:46:16 AM »
Hello.
I had a look and I was only able to find that it has MySQL, and PHP. As I am not a software developer, I do not know if this answers your question. I am using 000Webhost's free web hosting service where it says "Full PHP & MySQL database support" to test sites for web development and this page might be of use for you:
000webhost dot com