Author Topic: Error in confirm order for Yard Sell  (Read 5235 times)

Offline Claudio Garcia

• View Profile
Error in confirm order for Yard Sell
« on: November 24, 2019, 09:29:28 AM »
I began a yard sell with Abantecart, we test the app and its excellent but have a big mistake that its not possible to use for a yard sell.

In a yard sell we have 1, 2 or 3 item products.
When 2 person select a product into the cart and we have only 1 quantity in stock, both checkout and both confirm order at the same time, and both got an order ID but we have only one product and quantity go to "-1" what is incorrect.

¿Is there a simple way to correct this to make useful abatecart for a yard sell? ¿Its there a way when several persons clic at the sametime only the first one get the product and the others recieved a sorry there is no product?

In Catalog - Products: i have
Track Stock:Yes
Stock Checkout: No
Minimum quantity: 1
Maximum quantity: 1
Pre-Order Stock Status: Out of stock

In settings - General i have:
Display Stock Quantity = ON
No Stock Auto Disable = ON
Default Pre-Order Stock Status: Out of stock
Enable Tree Grid: OFF
Enable Storefront Embed: OFF
Embed Click Action: Same Page Modal Dialog

In Settings - Checkout:
Default Stock Checkout: OFF

I will thank you your help.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 03:32:47 PM by Claudio Garcia »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Big error in confirm order for Yard Sell
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2019, 12:06:41 AM »
Hello. It is not a mistake. If someone add product to the cart the order can be never processed so your products may go to out of stock even without any sales. But feel free to modify abantecart code to reduce stock when someone just add to cart. It is possible.

Offline Claudio Garcia

• View Profile
Re: error in confirm order for Yard Sell
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 03:00:08 AM »
Hi Basara thank you very much for your fast answer but you dont understand me, the process is to reduce quantity in "confirm order", not in "checkout" because a person can not confirm order and the product is not selled.

I check out without problem, its in the "confirm order" option, when you get your order id, if i have 5 people giving clic at the same time and i have only one product quantity, all received an order id and all think they bought the product but only one should, becuase in yard sell first in first out. Right now my quantity goes to -4 and i have track stock activated and Stock Checkout No.

Please tell me how can we confirm order but only the first person receive orderid and all 4 receive a "sorry message".

I thing maybe is  a paramenter In settings -> All settings. "config_stock_subtract" = off.

Thank you very much for your help. If you want a can share you the link of the site in a private message.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 03:33:04 PM by Claudio Garcia »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 08:02:28 AM »
You have to disallow Stock Checkout in Settings and in products if you specifically enable it in some
https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/6750219/Products+Inventory#ProductsInventory-DefaultStockCheckout

Offline Claudio Garcia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 11:18:39 AM »
Basara i follow what you send me and i am ok.
Exist an error in Abantecart and its the following:

The quantity validation is in checkout process not in "Confirm Order".

The test scenario we are trying is with 5 customer, all checkout ok because quantity is 1. All 5 customer want 1 quantity.
The checkout process is OK.

When they go to the page Payment -> Confirm "Checkout Confirmation", they click in "Confirm Order", all at the same time, all received an order id, because there is no more validation in "confirm.php"
The page is: index.php?rt=checkout/confirm

please tech me, what i have to copy from checkout  to confirm  to execute the validation quantity process again in the confirm process. I send you the image validation from checkout that i need to call in confirm process.

Tell me what files and what sentences in php.

I thank you very much your help.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 03:33:17 PM by Claudio Garcia »

Offline Claudio Garcia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 01:31:48 PM »
Basara, another test is:
You have a customer in "Confirmation order" stage, and you go to products and set quantity to cero.
after that the customer click in "Confirm Order" and the Customer received orderid and quantity products go to -1.

What is another way to see this error. There is not working quantity validation on "Confirm Order"
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 03:34:29 PM by Claudio Garcia »

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 02:27:20 PM »
Hello,   I believe from previous post you have alter a lot of your code.   You may discover a solution to your issue  by comparing a default code for the confirm/ checkout  and the coding on your live site.

You could also run your test on a clean install of AbanteCart -  to see if this is a bug for the cart  or simply some rearrangement in your altered coding.

Offline Claudio Garcia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 03:09:28 PM »
OK
I will revert the code changes and i will try again.

Thank you for your help
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 03:34:41 PM by Claudio Garcia »

Offline Claudio Garcia

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 11:01:46 PM »
Hi llegrand, Basara

I install a new server, config a product in abantecart,  Track Stock:Yes, Stock Checkout: No, Default Stock Checkout: OFF.

I have the same error.

After you check out an order you go to the page "/abantecart/index.php?rt=checkout/confirm"
Title:  Checkout Confirmation. You stay here.

then you go in other internet explorer to the product page and put product out of stock or put the product disabled
Then you go to the Checkout confirmation page and clic "Confirm Order" and system go to "/index.php?rt=checkout/success" without valide products.

Its a bug confirmed, please try by yourself and you will find the same error.

This happen because i dont have payment as paypal or something like that, my payment is cash on delivery so maybe this is the why there is not validation. I test also credit sell and when you go to the credit payment and clic "continue_button" it valide products and get you back to the cart. But In the "Confirm order" button there is not validation when you clic the button.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 03:34:54 PM by Claudio Garcia »

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2019, 05:52:03 AM »
Thank you Claudio Garcia. Issue is reported to bug tracker and will be reviewed and fixed in next version
https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/issues/1310

Offline Claudio Garcia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2019, 01:34:25 PM »
Great

i will open a new post to comment my experience with the app.
I have to say its excellent and with great support.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 03:35:06 PM by Claudio Garcia »