Please help us to make AbanteCart Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution for everyone.

Support AbanteCart eCommerce

Author Topic: Abantecart Website SSL  (Read 8441 times)

Offline mark

• View Profile
Abantecart Website SSL
« on: December 08, 2019, 01:18:40 PM »
Just an observation... I am curious why the main abantecart.com Website is not secured with an SSL certificate?

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Abantecart Website SSL
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 07:08:26 AM »
There is no registration or information collected on main site, for that reason no SSL certificate was added.
There will be a major upgrade coming soon and we will be adding SSL for the main site as well.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline mark

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 01:20:19 PM »
Thank you. Also, thank for this great open source cart!

Offline HADY

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 02:38:17 AM »
There is no registration or information collected on main site, for that reason no SSL certificate was added.
There will be a major upgrade coming soon and we will be adding SSL for the main site as well.

hi AbanteCart!
when that new upgrade gonna be ???

I made some changes on my codes, can you tell me how to prevent automatic upgrade if that exist on AbanteCart please?

Regards
HADY
Thank you In Advanced
Regards
HADY

Offline Sam_78

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 05:04:14 PM »

hi AbanteCart!

I made some changes on my codes, can you tell me how to prevent automatic upgrade if that exist on AbanteCart please?

Regards
HADY

The only option in your case is to cherry pick and merge your code with the upgraded one. The best practice is to make an extension with all your code changes so if AbanteCart makes any upgrade there are more chance that your custom code will work. I have learned this the hard way but that would be my advice to all developers who write custom code and would like to upgrade to latest version Besides, you can use that same extension for multiple projects  ;D

Offline HADY

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2019, 02:09:01 AM »

hi AbanteCart!

Regards
HADY

The only option in your case is to cherry pick and merge your code with the upgraded one. The best practice is to make an extension with all your code changes so if AbanteCart makes any upgrade there are more chance that your custom code will work. I have learned this the hard way but that would be my advice to all developers who write custom code and would like to upgrade to latest version Besides, you can use that same extension for multiple projects  ;D

can you be more clear please??
Thank you In Advanced
Regards
HADY

Offline Sam_78

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2019, 09:26:55 AM »
As you have made changes in core files which might change when there is a new update so its better to create your own custom extension like you can see abanteCart has some extensions by default so make one with your changes and when there is a new update for abanteCart your code won't be affected
read here http://marketplace.abantecart.com/extension-developer-help  and  https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/17727622/Extension+s+Developer+Guide

For example payPal extension is not affected when AbanteCart makes new update as that code stays in separate directory and can interact with different table

You should create a new extension with all your changes then install it where ever you want and don't worry about AbanteCart's update

Offline HADY

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2019, 06:02:31 AM »
As you have made changes in core files which might change when there is a new update so its better to create your own custom extension like you can see abanteCart has some extensions by default so make one with your changes and when there is a new update for abanteCart your code won't be affected
read here http://marketplace.abantecart.com/extension-developer-help  and  https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/17727622/Extension+s+Developer+Guide

For example payPal extension is not affected when AbanteCart makes new update as that code stays in separate directory and can interact with different table

You should create a new extension with all your changes then install it where ever you want and don't worry about AbanteCart's update

Thanks for details. Can we contact privately please??

Thank you In Advanced
Regards
HADY