Author Topic: Adding details to Template for Fast Food  (Read 3637 times)

Offline Steven Arsenault

• View Profile
Adding details to Template for Fast Food
« on: April 05, 2020, 02:39:11 PM »
I am new to AbanteCart. It looks like it has great features but the template selection is lacking.

Long term I might get our creative team to build some modern-looking templates with a minimalist design which would certainly upgrade the template selection.  We've been doing a lot in the auto industry for auto manufacturers but right now that industry is dead. One Italian sports car manufacturer wanted to use our modern/minimalist design for all their dealerships after selecting us as an approved vendor - but that's on hold now.

My father in law and another friend have fast food locations and I want to help them process orders online. I was thinking AbanteCarte and Stripe. Many of the manufactures like  Stella Artois and Molsons are doing cross promos with Stripe so we are already there with payment. Now I need a flexible cart.

I am thinking of using one of your existing templates but need to know if I can add features for fast food and how to do it.

So my father in law has a Booster Juice location. He's currently taking phone in orders for take out and delivery by services like SkipTheDishes.

So your templates are old but workable until I can upgrade.

How can I display products like a drink for example, but add additional order items like extra shot (some kind of drop down with prices), then another extra item (like wheat grass - add $2).

So you get the idea. Each inventory item like a drink you can add other optional items like bee pollen $2.00, Immune booster - $4.00

Also, maybe ask for an upgrade like do you want a sandwich with your immune booster drink.

I've included some examples from other platforms.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Adding details to Template for Fast Food
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 08:21:46 AM »
Hello.

You can add options to your product. Each option may have own trackable quantity as well as price modification in absolute amount for example +2 or in percentage.
In addition, options can be required or not
https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/9568257/Manage+Products+Options
https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AD/pages/10125381/Global+Attributes

Offline Steven Arsenault

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 11:56:07 AM »
Thanks for the info.  ;D :)

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 02:48:32 PM »
https://abantecart.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOC/pages/17957130/Template+development+guide

You may also find this template development guide infomative.