Author Topic: Different flat rate shipping for different zone  (Read 2823 times)

Offline kiwi

• View Profile
    • Kiwi Custom Stamps Ltd
Different flat rate shipping for different zone
« on: April 12, 2020, 10:13:42 AM »
How can i add different flat-rate shipping charge depending on postcode.  for example here in New Zealand it costs a lot more to ship to non-metropolitan areas, so I'd like to charge more for that. 
I Tried adding another shipping method , ship by weight, renaming it Rural Delivery, But it still to easy to not select it.

The Estimate calculate button, which is on the same box as the Postcode/zip, does not change when anything is entered into the box...
we need to load the postcode information. to set a shipping cost for that postcode.

Or set 1 or 2 different shipping costs for a range of  different postcodes.

There are hundreds of Rural postcodes that we need to charge more freight on.

Non Rural can be flat rate. Rural (RD1) through to (RD9) needs incresed freight charges. Would make sense and be so easy if the customers just entered there Postcode and the exact shipping costs where displayed.

Other option is to intergrate Shipping API with the New Zealand Postal Service Website.

Any other options, if anyone has this issue or similar, please advise.
regards
SAM

« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 11:14:52 AM by kiwi »
"The more you know, The more you know you don't know"

Offline Tobynator

• View Profile
Re: Different flat rate shipping for different zone
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 08:16:46 AM »
Hello Kiwi
I have the same problem as you and have just started another post on the same subject - then I found your post.
I hope someone out there can help us.
Is there a way to add shipping options that the customer can select according to their location and is then calculated by weight?
I am based in New Zealand and the courier company that I want to use offers different prices for North Island and South Island deliveries as well as a surcharge for Rural delivery. The charges are based on a parcel up to 5 kg, so I would like the program to calculate the freight in 5kg lots.
Any help would be appreciated. ::)

Offline kiwi

• View Profile
    • Kiwi Custom Stamps Ltd
Re: Different flat rate shipping for different zone
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2020, 05:03:56 PM »
Local Delivery new extension, half way soes the job.
"The more you know, The more you know you don't know"