Author Topic: How to register children under their parent's account  (Read 2655 times)

Offline fdangelo

• View Profile
How to register children under their parent's account
« on: April 23, 2020, 10:12:25 AM »
Hello everyone,
I'm just in the process of configuring my AbanteCart e-commerce site and everything is going great.
It is my first experience in installing website extensions and it's been quite an interesting.
Here are the key points I'm working with:
- We run a school bus company that services private schools
- I set up registration at the family level
- Product categories correspond to the major bus routes
- There is a product for each school
- There can be any mix of children to schools in a family

My question is: we need the children's names attached to each product (seat on the bus) that is purchased.
Even if it's more than quantity 1, each seat has to have a name.
Can I extend the parent registration to include sub-registration for all the children, then assign a child to each product using options?

I could write some programming, but I hesitate to do that because of maintenance concerns.
Perhaps there is an extension to the registration process that might help?
Thank you

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: How to register children under their parent's account
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 11:56:50 AM »
Interesting project you have :)

Did you see these extensions. One will give you ability to ask details about product during the order and the other is for customer registration
https://marketplace.abantecart.com/order-attributes?keyword=attributes&category_id=0

http://marketplace.abantecart.com/customer-attributes?keyword=attributes&category_id=0

I am not sure if it will cover your requirements 100%, but it might a start.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline maxter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 12:00:21 PM »
Hey,
With order attributes, you can provide (N) number of fields (Children names) that will be required to be filled at time of the order.
Will this work?

Offline fdangelo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2020, 10:37:18 AM »
Thank you both for your suggestions, you have helped me to see things more clearly.
I have moved along by adding option questions about the child during ordering.
I've searched the forums and the documentation, and traced the connections between the elements, but I can't seem to put it all together.
My deadline is fast approaching, and I'm seeking assistance to move past this roadblock.
What I've done:
- In addition to the existing registration process to be able to buy services, I added forms, blocks, layout pages and menu items to register the 2 parents (or guardians) and up to 9 children.
- The child registration form sends out an email with what was entered, which is fine, but not enough.

I would like to modify the success email by adding the client_id, and ideally, the data for the whole family.
My question is: where do I get that data and put it in an email?

Offline fdangelo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2020, 03:21:35 PM »
Thanks again for your help.
I downloaded and installed the Customer Attributes extension and it does pretty much what I need.
Regards,