Author Topic: Menu Options  (Read 2947 times)

Offline David Veganhauser

• View Profile
Menu Options
« on: May 08, 2020, 06:12:14 AM »
Hi, I am going to ask my question again differently. I have been trying to solve this for two days and its beating me down. I really can use help. I cannot imagine no one has come across this before and found a way to solve it.

My menu, currenlty lists the categoris I create, but those categories are directly related to products (of course).  The first item in my menu is a product list, but the second two are forms, no data.

At first, I thought I could create a sample product for each of those two categories, but then it looked just like the product page, which does not work for me. I do not want a cart option, I do not want product sort, etc. I just want to put a form here.

Is it possible to have a category go directly to a product? I think if I can do that then it will work. It is a hack, but as long as its smooth for the user I am fine with it.

Also, please if you can help me, please tell me how the solution could impact bread crumbs.

PLEASE.. I am willing to trade a bag of beans, and even one of my cats for an answer.

Thanks
Dave
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 06:21:30 AM by David Veganhauser »

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
Re: Menu Options
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 08:05:02 AM »
Hello David,

Can you share a URL to your site? I want to see what you have on and what template you are using.
Some explanation does not make sense to me.
For example "Is it possible to have a category go directly to a product? "
Any link to category page would display a list of products.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help

Offline David Veganhauser

• View Profile
Re: Menu Options
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 10:15:07 AM »
Hi, thanks

https://itsapostcard.com/

I use the Parker Theme template.

The idea is I have a list of products from the first menu option, and two different input forms for the next two links