Author Topic: Customer Shipping options problem.  (Read 4827 times)

Offline w4mmp

• View Profile
Customer Shipping options problem.
« on: May 11, 2020, 01:09:15 PM »
Hello,
One particular customer is experiencing issues with AbanteCart providing shipping options.  I have included the text of our email exchange.  I don't have a clue what might be wrong.
Regards, Ron

Ron,

I made a new account. Same problem.

Then I thought to try ordering without registering. I opened a Chrome “incognito window” so that no previously set cookies would be involved. After selected the product and viewed Cart. This time I was able to see shipping options! I selected an option and the cost got added; everything seemed fine. But I found that ordering without registering is not possible – the Continue button takes me to the Account Login page, and the “Register Account” radio button cannot be deselected. So at this point, since I already had the account I had just made, I used the right side of the Account Login page to log in.

No dice – immediately after logging in, I was taken to a Delivery Information page, but the shipping option I had just selected was gone. There was no shipping amount and the subtotal was equal to the total. Of course, clicking Continue gave the same “Error: Shipping method required!”

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
Re: Customer Shipping options problem.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 01:29:04 PM »
w4mmp -  details of your site would facilitate providing better/faster help.
What is your AbanteCart Version?  what shippers are you using,  all of them if more than one?
Have you tried making an order within your system?  Did you experience the same issue?
Are there any errors reported in your Admin > System >Logs > error logs?  If so please post the error(s) that is related to this issue.

Since you are indicating it is ONE customer in particular,  it may be more difficult to determine.

If they are already a customer,  you can use the act on behalf to assist them with an order while trying to solve the issue.

Offline w4mmp

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 01:57:33 PM »
w4mmp -  details of your site would facilitate providing better/faster help.

What is your AbanteCart Version?  what shippers are you using,  all of them if more than one?

The most current version (AbanteCart V1.2.15).  Only one shipping option is available: usps_integration (Why2).

Have you tried making an order within your system?  Did you experience the same issue?
Yes, and no I do not experience the issue.

Are there any errors reported in your Admin > System >Logs > error logs?  If so please post the error(s) that is related to this issue.
Yes, thanks for pointing to this: There is one error consistently  reporting:

2020-05-11 12:51:33 -

Name
Info
9101::App Warning
Warning! Variable "button_continue" in template "pages/error/not_found.tpl" overriding value and data type "string" Forcing new data type object. Possibly need to review your code! in /home/omnircom/public_html/core/engine/view.php on line 251

Since you are indicating it is ONE customer in particular,  it may be more difficult to determine.

If they are already a customer,  you can use the act on behalf to assist them with an order while trying to solve the issue.

Offline w4mmp

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 01:59:18 PM »
Here is the link to the website:
https:   //  www  dot multus-sdr dot com/

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2020, 02:23:56 PM »
do you have the latest extension version installed? 

AbanteCart Version(s) 1.2.0 – 1.2.15 use USPS Integration v 1.2.15.1

If not, please update and see if that fixes your issue.

Offline llegrand

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2020, 02:35:51 PM »
If you have the latest extension - and it seems you indicated you did not encounter the issue when placing a test order  perhaps see if your client can try a different browser ,  Firefox or Edge. 

Or try this set of escalating clearing:

Use Cntl+F5 to clear reload his browser -  he should be ON the AbanteCart pages
If still not showing:
 Ask him to clear his cookies  and cache within his preferred browser. 
Chrome help for that is found here:
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 03:10:00 PM by llegrand »