Author Topic: Continue Shopping option & Product page add to basket behaviour  (Read 2259 times)

Offline LizzieGim

• View Profile
Hi, I can't locate the 'continue shopping' option, for when the customer has added to cart and wants to either return to the same category sub section or visit another.  Thanks very much.   

Second question - when a customer has drilled into a product page (not the product listing page) can the behaviour of the 'Add to basket' button be changed so that it doesn't redirect to the cart page? I've looked into the product.tpl and I think the relevant code is within <div class="mt20 "> around line 204 where the behaviour is onclick="$(this).closest('form').submit(); return false;" .....
« Last Edit: June 08, 2020, 01:22:09 PM by LizzieGim »

Offline maxter

• View Profile
Re: Continue Shopping option & Product page add to basket behaviour
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 09:48:18 PM »
Are you using fast checkout in v 1.2.16?
To add continue button, check this template
https://github.com/abantecart/abantecart-src/blob/master/public_html/extensions/fast_checkout/storefront/view/default/template/responses/checkout/success.tpl

For add to cart, There is already a feature that adds to the cart without leaving the page.
This will only work for products without options.

Offline LizzieGim

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2020, 03:23:30 AM »
Thanks again Maxter, however the issue is with the individual Product page not the Product grid page. On the individual Product page there's a large 'Add to Basket' button (I've renamed it from Cart) and this is the one I want not to leave the page. It takes me to the basket (Cart) page, rather than just adding the product to it.

I've already found the control for add to cart behaviour on the product grid page.

Offline abantecart

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Ideal Open Source Ecommerce Solution
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 08:29:45 PM »
You would need to reproduce the same click event on product details page as on listing.
There is a JS event on css class "productcart" that does add to cart action.

You will need to add data-id attribute to a tag as well.

Note that, this will not work if product has options.
Please  rate your experience or leave your review
We need your help to build better free open source ecommerce platform for everyone. See how you can help