Author Topic: Auto send email after purchase completed  (Read 2674 times)

Offline Jennifer Hogan

• View Profile
Auto send email after purchase completed
« on: July 13, 2020, 06:05:10 PM »
Hi everyone,

Ok so I am brand new to this but I am getting to grips with this ecommerce and so far so good.

I am wondering if anyone knows how to get the system to auto send an email after the payment is confirmed.

For example I have a digital product that I want to make available for download and I can get the system to send an email to the customer to alert them that the sale is completed but I have to do this manually. Is there a way to have this done automatically as what if I am out shopping or something and an order comes in. The customer is going to have to wait or what if someone orders the product just as I am going to bed, they are going to have to wait hours to get their download which to be honest is unacceptable.

Thanks

Jen

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Auto send email after purchase completed
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 12:14:11 AM »
Hello.
After the customer place an order no matter what is the order status, AbanteCart sends a confirmation email. You can see the email template with id storefront_order_confirm in Design > Email Templates.

If your customers do not receive this email check with your mail server settings, or firewall

Offline Jennifer Hogan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 06:10:18 AM »
Hi Basara,

Thanks for your help it`s appreciated. I got the email settings all sorted as emails are being sent out such as order confirmation etc but I have to do the order `completed` manually and once I do that then the email gets sent to the customer.
So when a customer orders a digital product and the credit card payment goes through, then I have to manually set order as completed. Once I do that then the customer gets the confirmation email to say the order is completed, but it would be great if the email could be sent automatically in response to the credit card payment being completed as what if a customer places an order at 1 oclock in the morning when I am in bed and I dont get up till 6 oclock, that means the customer is waiting hours for their download which to me is unacceptable as when I place an order for a digital download I expect it more or less immediately and I would expect everybody else is the same.
I hope I have explained it right and apologies if I have not.

Thanks
Jen

Offline Basara

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2020, 06:20:42 AM »
Check your payment settings. The default order status for Success payment can be changed to Completed

Offline Jennifer Hogan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 09:26:15 AM »
Hi Basara, Yeah nice one I managed to get that done, got the system to send a download link but the download link is still being classed as pending when clicking through to my site and I think that is because I am running in test mode with stripe.
Once I get everything sorted correctly, layouts etc then I will complete a live transaction and see how it goes.

Thanks

jen