Author Topic: Which style sheet for the bootstrap theme?  (Read 99 times)

Offline laura458

• View Profile
Which style sheet for the bootstrap theme?
« on: March 16, 2024, 03:22:33 PM »
Hi all! I wanted to change the menu bar color (and other layout colors) and can't find the proper place to do it. I'm using the bootstrap theme. Is /storefront/view/default/stylesheet/bootstrap.css the right place?
I'm old. but the mind is still willing. A lot has changed since I made html web pages 25 years ago. Thanks for any help :)

Offline Pwner

• View Profile
Re: Which style sheet for the bootstrap theme?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 08:15:28 PM »
When trying to find what specific css file is being used on a webpage, one thing I do is just hit "Ctrl+Shift+C" (or you can just hit F12 if you are not on firefox....i dont know if ctrl+shift+c works outside of firefox tbh lol), then you can highlight the area you are curious about, and on the "developer tools" menu it will have the html code on one side, and the other side should have the css rules and will show exact file locations for all css rules. Once you figure it out, you can use the developer tools on your web browser to kind of "backtrack" a lot of things and find what you are looking for :).
If I am unclear on anything, please feel free to ask and I can help out. I am no web-master, but I also love learning more and more lol.
(Just trying to teach how to fish, rather than give a fish lol.)

Offline laura458

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 03:06:29 PM »
Thank you! I'll give it a try and let you know if it works :)

Offline laura458

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 07:54:03 PM »
Well, still can't find where to change the black strip in the header.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 08:40:58 PM by laura458 »